Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
or even a white light, just clicked on the link HEADLIGHS and they have some PIAA white ones...

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Well, drivers that are facing your head lights, either direct or via the mirrors, might hate you for your choice :)

But other than that it is a lot clearer and it gives you a lot better view in the dark!

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
There are OEM HID Xenons on the CTS (luxury package). So, I guess when they are just xenon headlights they should be legal...

·
Registered
03 CTS
1,353 Posts
Don't buy the those fake HID lights on ebay that you linked too. Those are not real HID and if you're looking for that same look that the Audi's, BMW's & Benz's have you'll be very disappointed in the outcome, just look at the price they are selling them for $6.80, remeber you get what u pay for. Those bulbs are just Halogen bulbs with a tinted glass. You'll more then likely get less light output then you do now with the stock Halogens. The tint they put over the glass greatly deminishes your useable light, all those bulbs are good for is producing color not brightness. And they general tend to run on high wattage so you could possibly fry your wiring and burn the inside of your headlights.

If your want that "Blue light" look check ebay for OEM HID headlights, that's honestly the best way to go, more expensive & hard to find but its the best you can buy. Or if that's too expensive for your pocket you can then buy an HID kit and install them into your stock Halogen projectors. Lots of mbrs have gone that route including myself.

Here's some links to check out:
OEM HID headlights- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-05-Cadillac-CTS-Left-XENON-HID-Headlamp-Headlight_W0QQitemZ8006897233QQcategoryZ33710QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

HID kit- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5000K-McCulloch-Phillips-Xenon-HID-kit-Free-Shipping_W0QQitemZ8013237732QQcategoryZ36476QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Forgot to mention, what gives the blue light is not the bulb itself but the optics of the projectors, actually its the shield in the projector that the lights bends over and gives that blue flicker... Just an FYI

·
Registered
03 CTS
1,353 Posts
70eldo said:
There are OEM HID Xenons on the CTS (luxury package). So, I guess when they are just xenon headlights they should be legal...
Actually they may not be legal.. Unless they are DOT approved and stamped, they are illegal. HID kits and HID retro fits are technically illegal, but I mean I've NEVER heard of anyone getting a ticket for illegal HID's or Blue Bulbs.. You just have to watch the aiming of the headlights and glare.

If I rememer correctly these are the laws pertaining to HID:

HID's that are not factory installed are illegal is one law and other is if your vehicle's yr and model did not offer HID as an option it's illegal to retofit. Now one law is for the US and the other canada, cant remember which is which though.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
learned another thing there. Sorry for my misleading advice!
Actually, I totally missed the fact that those are fake xenons though...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts