Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Thanks to Tomm, I now have the coolest climate control out there. :D He had it on his CTS but gave it to me when he sold his car.

THANKS TOMM!!!!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
How do we do it, Jon? Tell me, you mudder fuh-cher. I am envious, I am. Do the same thing for the two DICs and you're da man. I wanna be da man, too. C'mon, how I do that one?

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
yes that is totally cool and all
but the mod i really want somebody to tackle is backlighting the V on our speedo
Haha....you're a mind reader, Urb. I've been kicking that idea around for a while, and may have recently come up with a solution. I was going to surprise everyone with pics when it was done.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
All Vs have the NAV so the DIC referred to in the above link ain't applicable. The two DICs in the V are in the instrument cluster (underneath the speedometer and tachometer). Like your mileage in the CTS. You tackle that one yet?

Oh shet, you're in Jersey. Nothern?

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
All Vs have the NAV so the DIC referred to in the above link ain't applicable. The two DICs in the V are in the instrument cluster (underneath the speedometer and tachometer). Like your mileage in the CTS. You tackle that one yet?

Oh shet, you're in Jersey. Nothern?
Central NJ.. As Jon mentioned in the initial post.. I sold my CTS so no I never took the speedo apart but it would be the same method. Probably only 4 led's for that small of an area.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
Haha....you're a mind reader, Urb. I've been kicking that idea around for a while, and may have recently come up with a solution. I was going to surprise everyone with pics when it was done.
If your kind enough to tell everyone how to back-light the "V" I may try that as well. I like the symbol and it would be cool if it stood out a little more.

I might need to try to change the LED's. I really do not like the orange I think it kind of "cheapens" the dash but other then that I like the layout.

I thought about doing the Cellophane trick but I thought it might cheapen the look so I held off. Changing the LED's sounds more difficult of course but I think the net result will be much more professional looking.

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If your kind enough to tell everyone how to back-light the "V" I may try that as well. I like the symbol and it would be cool if it stood out a little more.

I might need to try to change the LED's. I really do not like the orange I think it kind of "cheapens" the dash but other then that I like the layout.

I thought about doing the Cellophane trick but I thought it might cheapen the look so I held off. Changing the LED's sounds more difficult of course but I think the net result will be much more professional looking.
I always thought the V was just painted on. There's no way to backlight it...

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
I always thought the V was just painted on. There's no way to backlight it...
It'll take some work, but it's doable. I've been working on finding someone who can make a thin plastic transparent V emblem. It needs to be frosted to avoid seeing the guts of the dash through it, but I may have found one.

From there it's just a matter of popping the IPC out and adding an extra light behind it, then carefully cutting out the V logo and attaching the plastic one over the hole.

If I find someone who can make the emblem with the quality I want, I'll do it.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
It'll take some work, but it's doable. I've been working on finding someone who can make a thin plastic transparent V emblem. It needs to be frosted to avoid seeing the guts of the dash through it, but I may have found one.

From there it's just a matter of popping the IPC out and adding an extra light behind it, then carefully cutting out the V logo and attaching the plastic one over the hole.

If I find someone who can make the emblem with the quality I want, I'll do it.
I think it will look sharp if done right.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts