Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
08 Slade
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you know, my Lade just got stolen a month ago. I was supposed to get it back a couple weeks ago, but then the dealer said one of the cylinders has no compression. Now they're saying a piston had a hole and jacked up the cylinder wall, or something like that?

I'm trying to figure how that coulda happened?? When the bytchazzmuthaphuccas took it, there woulda been a lotta traffic, so I dont think they coulda punched it that hard. Even if they did, the engine shoulda been able to handle it. I dont think they'd be driving too hard, so they wouldnt draw attention to a stolen car.

Any ideas? Or any suggestions at anything else I should have checked out? My buddy was saying maybe they put something in the gas tank?

I dont really mind it being in the shop a few more weeks tho, with gas being $200 / gallon :p

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Tell me they are replacing that ENTIRE engine.

When my Ram got stolen, they drove it across the border, picked up a bunch of illegals, drove it back across the border through some kind of MAJOR chain link fence, through a field and wherever the Trooper finally found it abandoned. The exterior looked like it had been through a WAR zone, but just needed some paint. Shit happens.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,488 Posts
I doubt putting something in the gas tank would cause that. I would however be very persistent in having the engine replaced if you have warranty.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Deville
127 Posts
Suck to hear that. Hopefully you have an insurance that will cover a new engine.

I'm sure you have no idea how the thieves drove, traffic or not, so many things can happen to the engine.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Some of you know, my Lade just got stolen a month ago. I was supposed to get it back a couple weeks ago, but then the dealer said one of the cylinders has no compression. Now they're saying a piston had a hole and jacked up the cylinder wall, or something like that?

I'm trying to figure how that coulda happened?? When the bytchazzmuthaphuccas took it, there woulda been a lotta traffic, so I dont think they coulda punched it that hard. Even if they did, the engine shoulda been able to handle it. I dont think they'd be driving too hard, so they wouldnt draw attention to a stolen car.

Any ideas? Or any suggestions at anything else I should have checked out? My buddy was saying maybe they put something in the gas tank?

I dont really mind it being in the shop a few more weeks tho, with gas being $200 / gallon :p
If the piston is destoryed did a valve drop and cause that damage (that is what took out my 2nd 07') and if that happened the crank is most likey bent and the engine should be trashed. You have to find out that cause of the hole in the piston. What are the last 5 numbers in your VIN?

·
Registered
08 Slade
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont have the vin number on me, I'll post it when I get it.

Yes, I think they are going to replace the engine woohoo! Too bad I didnt drive it more, it only had about 17k miles. Man, sucks about that border hopping truck, luckily my exterior still looked ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts