Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1983 Cadillac Deville
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was trying to hook up an amplifier in my car by tapping into the cigarette lighter to connect the remote wire, and something touched, then a spark and my lights went out so did the Electric Locks. I know it was a fuse i just don't know which one. Help Please?

·
Registered
1979 Coupe deVille, 1995 Sedan DeVille (sold)
1,846 Posts
You should be able to tell by visual inspection which one has blown. Look closely at the little wire in each fuse. Find the one that is broken.

·
Registered
1983 Cadillac Deville
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol im lazy and i didnt want to pull them out one by one but it looks like i will have to do that

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,735 Posts
The lazy/easy way to check fuses is with a DVOM set on continuity. It will beep when a circuit is complete. Fuses are open on the top to do this. Touch one lead to each side of the metal. Beep=fuse good.
n

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
Yellow 20 amp fuse. Usually the "body" fuse. Buy a test light. Each fuse is open on each side. If you hook up the test light to anything metal and touch each side of the fuse the light will illuminate within the test light. If it lights up, that fuse is good! Do the test with the key in the RUN position.

·
Registered
1983 Cadillac Deville
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha ha yea i kno what a blown fuse looks like, but my fuse box is above the gas pedal which puts me in a not so comfortable position and i just dread the thought of pulling out fuse after feels until I find the right one. Shame on me i know

----------

@Carnut thanks your life saver! Problem solved!

·
Registered
1983 Cadillac Deville
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok new question guys the radio is correcktly installed and i have tested it in my 2006 Musthang but when placed in my 83 Cadillac Devil it gets no power. Help Please?

·
Registered
07 Escalade, 77 CDV, 13 CTS-V Wagon, 06 911, 87 928S4
189 Posts
Another way to do it is to buy the fuses that have a little LED that lights up when the fuse blows, they are available at Auto Zone. I have them in my 77 and in my 928 and they work great. (I also keep fuses in the car...a habit my old Healy 3000 taught me).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts