Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 SLS
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, Blower mtr works fine accept when reinstalling the DIM in its original position the blower mtr stops. When I release the DIM from its original
position the blower mtr works.My guess is a pinched ground wire. Is there a ground wire going into the DIM ? This is on my 2003 Seville
As long as I leave the DIM sort of hanging there the blower mtr works fine. Is the ground a black and white wire. i am wondering if the bracket which the DIM sits on
is positioned correctly. The clump of wires are going under the bracing bracket instead of on top. Not sure if that could be the problem
Has anyone had any experience with this . Thanks for your help,

·
Registered
2003 SLS
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi I am replying to my own thread, its not the DIM its the connection to the control processor. I repositioned the ground wire pin in the connector and that worked fine for about two days
so I think the connector is not making good contact with the pin in the processor so may have to replace the control processor/module. Although the processor is doing its job in transferring the
A power and ground to the blower motor. I can move the connecting wire to the processor just a little and the blower motor works. Anyone had any experience with this kind of problem?
Thanks Stranger

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,788 Posts
If it is a case of the connection in the connector, you can pull the wire from the connector and spread the contact a bit and reinsert it. Use a magnifying glass to see how it is locked in and a straight pin to release the catch.

·
Registered
2003 SLS
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Range,r your right on. I actually just bent the pins a touch and so far so good. The 2000 sts rear fuse box is working ok also and the 2000 sts
control processor is ok too. So have had a lot of experience swapping out salvaged cars components. Good for now . TALK TO YOU SOMETIME.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts