Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 SLS
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always come here for answers : Blower mtr works fine when cool and starts first thing in Am, but when on and driving and then I shut
off the engine , its probably about 100 degrees outside,( ac working great ), and come back outside to start engine, blower mtr
will not come on and won't come on till next am. Is there a sensor connected to reg temperatures of the blower mtr. Don't get it .
The blower mtr is new, the control processor is 2000 Deville and fuse box is 2000 sts. the 3 pin connector to the control processor
was not making good connection , so bent one ground wire pin for a better connection and then no problems, worked fine. Then
the temps in Arizona was getting hotter and that's when my problem has occurred and every time does the same thing. Hope there is a
enough info here for someone to determine what the problem is I probably messed up trying to save dollars. Thanks for response.

stranger
!! Still love the Seville !!

·
Registered
2003 SLS
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ranger; purchased the blower motor from auto parts warehouse on line , not sure what brand it was. The original mtr worked ok too.
So far the ac working fine now . I still think its the pin connector to control processor. Strange that it works when first start up
when cool and stops when have driven car in the heat. All else checks out ok. I just didn't want to take all a part again.

Thanks ,
Stranger

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,785 Posts
When you say "pin connector to control processor" are you talking about the connector on the blower itself or the other end?

·
Registered
2003 SLS
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Ranger: The connection from the harness to the control processor. Its the connector pins that are not lining up and making a solid connection and
when it gets hot the blower motor stops working, I think its the ground connection. but could be the power connection.
. I may have to buy a new controlk processor , but may not solve the problem. Could bend the pins to see if better connection. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts