Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham d'Elegance
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
A couple of months ago I purchased a 1988 Brougham RWD model with the olds 307. When I first got it, I noticed that the blower motor would not come on in the morning unless I put on the front windshield defroster then switched to the setting I wanted. I called my mechanic and he said that this was perfectly normal because the car will not allow the blower motor to turn on unless the engine has reached a certain temperature, unless you are just going to run the front defroster. Therefore I just continued to turn on the front defroster, then switch to the setting I desired. However, i began to notice that in the middle of my drives that the blower motor would (out of nowhere) turn off, begin to flutter off and on a little bit, then turn back on completely. I started to get worried. Then my fear came true, the blower motor does not come on at all anymore bouncer: . What could be causing this.

So far I replaced the electronic climate controll (just because I had an extra) and I also took out the blower motor and cleaned the ground. None of that worked :banghead: .
Please give me suggestions,
Brandon

·
Registered
1995 Fleetwood Brougham
709 Posts
I dont know which one your car has either a power module of a blower resistor assembly. but they are both known to go bad. This is the part that the positive cable goes to from the blower. Its on top of the heater box near the blower.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham d'Elegance
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine has a resistor. i'll follow the positive wire to the part in question and have a look at it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts