Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
05 escalade
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I hopped in my 05 to go home from work and found that my blower motor won't turn off.turned off the heater controls and nothing. Even when the trucks off and keys out, somehow is still getting power. My quick fix was to pull the fuse, but that's a bandaid. Any ideas? Maybe the main control module shorted out?

·
Registered
05 escalade
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, looks like it is the blower control module. Does anyone have a part number? I looked at rock auto and they list 30 different manufactures and numbers, any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
05 ESV Platinum
161 Posts
Well today I hopped in my 05 to go home from work and found that my blower motor won't turn off.turned off the heater controls and nothing. Even when the trucks off and keys out, somehow is still getting power. My quick fix was to pull the fuse, but that's a bandaid. Any ideas? Maybe the main control module shorted out?
Exact same thing happened to...in fact posted about it here under title thread "frankenstein caddy". Freaked me out and like you, pulled fuse. Ended up changing blower control module and voila. Easy job and fairly inexpensive to do.

----------

Ok, looks like it is the blower control module. Does anyone have a part number? I looked at rock auto and they list 30 different manufactures and numbers, any help would be great thanks
Ac delco would be oem...dont remember part number, pretty sure i got mine off amazon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts