Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the same problem as I've seen some others had on this forum in that I have a '93 Eldorado in which the blower motor doesn't shut off when turning off the ignition. It would drain the battery. So I replaced the power module and all was fine for 5 days or so, and then on the 6th day it went out again in the same way. Blower motor runs continuously, and I had to disconnect the plug to the blower motor so the battery doesn't run down again.

Any ideas anyone? Bad module again ?

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
AND ON THE 7TH DAY HE RESTED! Sorry couldn't pass that up! My thought is that if it is a used part, bad luck. If, in fact it is a new module, you have a defective service part. Return it to the dealer and get a replacement. One other thing I would test is the amount of amps it takes to run the blower motor. if it exceeds 15 amps I would suspect a binding or faulty blower motor. That would be rare, the module is just a reostat to vary the voltage to the fan motor. High speed being 12 volts, lower speeds lower voltage. Good luck! Bill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Folks - I have the same problem listed above. Can anyone direct me to the location of the control module. I would like to replace it myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated (I have a 95 Deville)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
sully