Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac DeVille 4.9L
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem: Blower Motor not Shutting off when I turn off the car.

1994 Deville Base 4.9L

Hello,

The blower motor has been replaced and I am still having problems with the blower motor not shutting off after I turn off the car. On this forum I found a previous discussion that recommended replacement of the blower motor control module, I have been trying and locate the blower motor control module on the firewall but cannot find it. Does someone have a photo or diagram of the exact location?

Thanking you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2001 eldorado,2008 DTS,2005 XLR, '96 eldo,'95 eldo,' 89 eldo,'78 eldo,'11CTS-V
1,896 Posts
It's located on the HVAC plenum , engine bay, against the firewall , almost dead center.
Has two connectors, three 7mm screws hold it in.
I have good used modules for $35 postpaid

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have looked everywhere along the firewall and cannot locate it. I see a similar shape that is blocked with a plate, but there is no resistor in that location. Should I be looking somewhere else?

Also, when I pull the cover and look at the maxi-fuses and relays (inside fender on driver side), I see 4 square relays beneath the fuse and relay holder. Are these 4 relays for the cooling fans or is there one for the blower motor.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
That is weird. There should be a blower controller at that location.
'94, right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is weird. There should be a blower controller at that location.
'94, right?
@Harry that's what I thought as well.
I have the 1994 Cadillac DeVille Service manuals Vol.1 & 2 but there are no diagrams for Blower Motor Control module or the Blower Relay. I only found an AC Relay which is located next to the fuses on the inside driver fender.

At any rate, the problem persists. The blower motor has been replaced but sometimes it will not turn off even after I shut of the car. I have to restart and the shut down the ignition twice for the blower to stop.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
How many wires go to the blower motor?
One? then it should have an external controller.
Three? Then its the later style with the controller built in.
I thought the built in unit started in '95.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How many wires go to the blower motor?
One? then it should have an external controller.
Three? Then its the later style with the controller built in.
I thought the built in unit started in '95.

There are 3 wires that go to the blower motor.

·
Registered
92 Fleetwood 2dr cpe - FWD, 96 Seville SLS, 02 Seville
1,086 Posts
Pic from Fleetwood, 4.9 FWD.

above the control module
1- 2 fuel lines
2- 1 of the relays from the relay for
3- left side box of maxi fuses.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,571 Posts
the climate control system was changed starting with the 1994 model year Deville -
one major change was to the blower -
the blower speed control was built into the blower motor -

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the climate control system was changed starting with the 1994 model year Deville -
one major change was to the blower -
the blower speed control was built into the blower motor -
….then what would cause the blower not to shut off after the ignition is turned off?

Blower has been replaced with a new one and the A/C Heater Relay has also been replaced.

·
20,571 Posts
….then what would cause the blower not to shut off after the ignition is turned off?

Blower has been replaced with a new one and the A/C Heater Relay has also been replaced.
=======================
then what would cause the blower not to shut off after the ignition is turned off?
a few things that come to mind -

assuming the blower was replaced with a NEW unit -
new - defective blower motor -
what brand/model blower did you buy?

chaffed/shorted power wire going to the blower -

stuck/defective blower relay -

defective climate control head -

·
Registered
93RegalCoupe 91FltwdCoupe(sold)
435 Posts
Chinese blower motors and such vehicle electronics are generally no good. Best to replace such parts with domestically manufactured OEM from the scrap yard, or if one is lucky enough, new old stock from eBay or something (which would likely be pricey).

·
20,571 Posts
I have had good luck with the 4-Seasons brand blowers

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 1994 Cadillac DeVille Service manuals Vol.1 & 2 but there are no diagrams for Blower Motor Control module or the Blower Relay. I only found an AC Relay which is located next to the fuses on the inside driver fender.
View attachment 576019

At any rate, the problem persists. The blower motor has been replaced but sometimes it will not turn off even after I shut of the car. I have to restart and the shut down the ignition twice for the blower to stop.
Bro I’m looking for this relay you found on my 94 I can’t seem to find it the gray one ac blower relay where did you find it? I checked under the hood and removed plastic all I found was the normal big fuse and the one in the trunk! I need your help

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 576019

where is the location of this relay help please!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts