Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium ESV
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Does your 2015 Escalades blind spot give you any "chime" or "seat vibrate" alerts instead of just blinks on the mirror? Mine just blinks when I engage the turn signal when a vehicle is detected. On my Mercedes, it gave me sound alerts....

Thanks,
Wayne

·
Registered
2007, 2008 CTS
77 Posts
I asked the same question when I did a test drive. The dealer said no chime of any kind, just the amber colored icon on the outside mirrors. If I'm not mistaken, it should light up regardless of your turn signal. Haven't received mine yet so I'm just remembering from the test drive. Mine should be built next week.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Lane departure warning can be beeping tone or seat vibration. The blind spot assist in the mirror is just that lighted up.

·
Registered
2007, 2008 CTS
77 Posts
That's right. I think I recall another member talking about the lane departure can be set to a seat vibration or a tone, but not both. I often times see others' blind spot monitors light up on their mirrors when I pass in the left lane. I'm assuming Escalade works similarly.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
confirmed.
blind spot with or without turn signal gives you yellow mirror icon when car is behind you in next land and goes away when car rear passes you.
I have not yet narrowed when it flashes and when it is steady.
I have my mirrors set by new AAA & AARP guidelines.
I can see in my mirrors the cars before the blind spot indicator comes on.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
zerdian1 said:
confirmed. blind spot with or without turn signal gives you yellow mirror icon when car is behind you in next land and goes away when car rear passes you. I have not yet narrowed when it flashes and when it is steady. I have my mirrors set by new AAA & AARP guidelines. I can see in my mirrors the cars before the blind spot indicator comes on.
It flashed if your turn signal is on the same side. Other than that it's just a lighted one.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
Blind zone just lights up. No audible sounds. The purpose of it is to help when changing lines while you using the mirror.

Let me double check if it does the vibration.

I have a GL550, so I know it does both and it can be picky at times when no one is on my blind zone.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Lane departure warning can be beeping tone or seat vibration. The blind spot assist in the mirror is just that lighted up.
Corrrect....and it flashes when you flip the turn signal lever if a vehicle is in the zone! No beep!

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Corrrect....and it flashes when you flip the turn signal lever if a vehicle is in the zone! No beep!
....and i have also found that it truly is looking at the "blind spot" because once the approaching vehicle gets clearly back into the mirror zone...the warning goes away, so the system assumes you are paying attention at that point!

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
Mine ( blind spot warning light) comes on when car in blind spot is showing in my mirrors and only goes away when car is ahead of me.

Mirrors are adjusted by new AAA & AARP standards. Mirrors are further out covering blind spot better than old method.
You adjust mirror so that you have to lean into mirror to see edge of door handle. Same on both sides. Both AAA & AARP say it provides better blind spot coverage, and it does.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts