Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Red Obsession ATS Premium 3.6L
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BSM is only available in the driver assistance package. It appears that there are two parts which both sit on a side mirror: sensor and display. It looks like the special mirror can be bought and replaced, then we ll have BSM. Has anyone tried this?

----------

http://www.gmpartsdirect.co/auto-parts/2014/cadillac/ats/premium-trim/3-6l-v6-flex-engine/body-cat/outside-mirrors-scat
Part # is 22835039 and 22835040

----------

All the online site shows a 15% restocking fee so if it doesn't work, well ...

Maybe one of our members who is a GM Tech with internal hookups can try and let us know if it works? :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, so I found our that the BSM system needs 4 components: the 2 mirrors and the 2 radar sensor

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7mMPnACXhOUUkhyWUNqZGIyQzQ/edit?usp=docslist_api

Looking up on the GM parts site, there are 2 types of sensors residing in the rear bumper:

http://www.gmpartsdirect.co/auto-parts/2014/cadillac/ats/premium-trim/3-6l-v6-flex-engine/electrical-cat/parking-aid-scat

_ radar sensor part # 22971863

_ object sensor part # 23133813

_ possibly also requires a special harness part # 23109287

Not sure which one of the two sensors I would need. Only way to find out is to open up the rear bumper.

Any one have a diy of how to remove the rear bumper?

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
I am very interested in this, so hopefully something comes of this. This was the only feature I wanted in that package. IMO it should be a standard feature.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
I am very interested in this, so hopefully something comes of this. This was the only feature I wanted in that package. IMO it should be a standard feature.
I can adjust my mirrors to eliminate a blind spot big enough for a car to hide in. Motorcyclists are typically smart enough to avoid and loud enough to hear. It would be cool to be able to retrofit the blind spot feature anyway but I would definitely do the cross traffic mod if possible. I haven't figured a way to see thru the van that parked next to me when backing out. :)

·
Registered
ATS_V _vector Blue Sedan
329 Posts
the problem with all that is. the two modules are just that modules that need to communicate with the BCM and driver and passenger door module.
Without the Programing in the bcm this may not work.

However Gm is usually different and the features might just work without programing.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
daddy, according to the info I posted above, the sensors for BSM also does the job os the cross traffic check. so it looks like one stone 2 birds here. only if I can find out for sure if ni reprogramming is needed...
Hoosier Daddy said:
I can adjust my mirrors to eliminate a blind spot big enough for a car to hide in. Motorcyclists are typically smart enough to avoid and loud enough to hear. It would be cool to be able to retrofit the blind spot feature anyway but I would definitely do the cross traffic mod if possible. I haven't figured a way to see thru the van that parked next to me when backing out. :)
----------

on 19th of May, I ll have a spare car. I ll then attempt to open up the rear bumper and find out what sensors I need. worst case scenario is a loss of 15% restocking fee on a $300 sensor. oh well, I shall be the pioneer :)

just now found out that instead of buying the whole side mirror, I can just buy the mirror part which is much cheaper. Found couple of youtube on how to pry out the mirror part. Hopefully I wont mess up the assembly lol

interestingly, the right mirror is about $55 in comparison to the left which is about $97... strange...

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes E450 Cabriolet, previous 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD, 1973 Corvette 454
2,363 Posts
^^^^^^ Please keep us posted.....only thing I do miss on my car, the BSM which is handy. The cost to get it with the the other bundled extras wasn't worth it IMO. If it could be retrofitted, I would love to do it also. Please take pictures as you go....be a nice step by step if it works :yup:

·
Registered
2014 ATS4 Performance 3.6L, 2014 Jeep GC EcoDiesel
120 Posts
Looking forward to the results. I had BSM on my A4 and while I did not "need" it, it was a nice safety feature to have and honestly, should come standard on a luxury vehicle.

·
Registered
2015 ATS Coupe 3.6 RWD Premium
12 Posts
Very interested on how this turns out. I have the coupe and visibility isn't the greatest. I have done the mirror adjustment trick to mostly eliminate the blind spots but this would be a nice upgrade. This and the cross traffic were the only features I was interested in from the driver assist package, hence, I did not think the extra $3k was worth it.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0 6MT Premium Opulent Blue
12 Posts
daddy, according to the info I posted above, the sensors for BSM also does the job os the cross traffic check. so it looks like one stone 2 birds here. only if I can find out for sure if ni reprogramming is needed...

----------

on 19th of May, I ll have a spare car. I ll then attempt to open up the rear bumper and find out what sensors I need. worst case scenario is a loss of 15% restocking fee on a $300 sensor. oh well, I shall be the pioneer :)

just now found out that instead of buying the whole side mirror, I can just buy the mirror part which is much cheaper. Found couple of youtube on how to pry out the mirror part. Hopefully I wont mess up the assembly lol

interestingly, the right mirror is about $55 in comparison to the left which is about $97... strange...

Any update on your progress?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry to disappoint u guys. Wife changed mind, no longer going out of state for long duration so I dont have enough time to disassemble the rear bumper :(

atkruz789 said:
Any update on your progress?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts