Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac DTS Deville on Vogues and DTS Blades
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive seen the head lights on several 00-05 devilles totally clear (no orange on headlights). i cant seem to find any or find out how it was done. i dig the look so any help will be appeciated thanks

·
Registered
Custom 2005 Cadillac Deville, Pimp Edition
275 Posts
ive seen the head lights on several 00-05 devilles totally clear (no orange on headlights). i cant seem to find any or find out how it was done. i dig the look so any help will be appeciated thanks
I recall seeing someone of car domain who had their deville like that and also offered to convert your headlights to that for a price of course. I decided not to since I have lots of gold on my car and the orange looks good with it. don't know where you can find that guy anymore though.

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac DTS, 1970 Deville Convertible
108 Posts
The process is supposedtly very simple.. Unfortunately not as simple as buying the clear lights on an aftermarket site. The process involves removing the headlamp completely from the car. Once complete, You must remove as much of the Weather sealant (Black Gunk) as possible in order to seperate the headlight cover from the headlight. Once done, Its easy from there.. All you have to do is remove the orange plastic corner lense covering.. It pops off easily. The only problem with this is that when u take the orange cover off the bulbs are visible. If you want to avoid this you can either try to find a clear cover that matches the size or simply paint it white, crome, or whatever you like. Once you remove the corner lense cover, the only orange left is the orange film on the backing of the lighting module (Where the high & lowbeams are located) I have been told that there are different ways to remove the film. The manual told me to heat up the film somehow to make it peel off. Sorry but thats as specific as it got. i was confused too but hopefully this picture will help you out aswell.

I am also interested in doing this mod however i dont have enough technical confidence to perform it.. If you guys end up doing it successfully post up some comments. Let me know if this helped. Goodluck

·
Registered
'05 SRX
40 Posts
This is the first time posting, but I thought that I could help. I did this with my friends subaru STI. We took the headlamps out and one at a time we put them in the oven. The oven was pre heated to 200 degrees. We left the lamps in there for about 7 to 10 mins. This is to heat up the sealent so all you have to do is pull (carefully-hot & sticky) the lens off. Then take out the yellow pieces. Press the lense back on the lamp as best you can, then put back in oven for a short amount of time (1-2 mins). Then take out and finish pressing the lamp back together. And your done. The lamps on his car had some rubber and plastic pieces that we toke off before baking. And the lamps tend to stay warm the whole time you work with it. Hope this helps and makes for an easier mod.

·
Registered
1985 Sedan DeVille
1,883 Posts
You can get chrome-coated amber bulbs from Stealth. I bought a set for my Jeep Cherokee that has clear cornering and parking lamp lenses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts