Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wasn't sure what thread to put this in (since moderators haven't yet created a CT4 or CT5 "V" forum), but Autoweek just reported the following, from direct contacts at Cadillac:
  • "Blackwing" is confirmed as the name for the new, upmarket, as-yet unveiled high-performance V models (even though they won't be using the bespoke new "Blackwing V8")
  • Cadillac is actively looking for applications for the "Blackwing V8" (even though the "Blackwing" CT4-V and CT5-V models can't and won't be using it)
  • Both CT4-V and CT5-V "Blackwing" models WILL be coming with proper manual transmissions (hallelujah)
  • Both CT4-V and CT5-V "Blackwing" models have been outperforming previous lap times of the ATS-V and CTS-V
  • Due to COVID-19, not only is availability delayed until 2021, but they won't even be officially unveiled until 2021, and will be 2022 models
    • here's hoping the COVID-19 economy and market fallout doesn't ultimately sink these models...probably not though, given the buzz and likely profit margins for these models

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,874 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See the forum dedicated to automobile news - it's all there.

Moderators do not create new forums - Site Admin does. Use the "Contact us" ab at the bottom of the page to ask them for new forum assistance.

Interesting. I moderate another forum on another, completely unrelated website, and I can add new channels. I guess each are set up differently, but thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,416 Posts
It looks like the V logo has not changed, just the word Blackwing added.
Maybe the logo should be bigger or something on this version.

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS
393 Posts
It looks like the V logo has not changed, just the word Blackwing added.
Maybe the logo should be bigger or something on this version.
Appears so, seeing that its not going to have a "blackwing" engine its a strange moniker.

Now this is a little confusing, but we'll try to keep it simple. Please send your complaints to Cadillac if this all seems a bit, well, confusing. The CTS is dead, replaced by the CT5. That's step one. The next thing to swallow is that the performance-oriented CT5-V is not the new CTS-V, it's the successor to the CTS Vsport. Still with us? Here's the payoff. The next legit V will be known as the CT5-V Blackwing. You may know the Blackwing as an engine. That's correct, it is an engine, but it's now also the name of the full-power V-series vehicles. Here's the final bit to understand—just because a Cadillac is called a Blackwing, doesn't mean it'll have the Blackwing V-8. Look, we warned you this wasn't simple or clear.
-Car and Driver

CT5, CT5-V, CT5-V Blackwing.

Audi has S Line, S, and RS models.
BMW has M sport, M, M competition.
Merc has AMG 43, 53, 63, 63S, Pro.

The 2021 reveal date is unfortunate, but it might give PR more time for a better reveal than the CT4-V/CT5-V.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts