Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m wondering about drive through car washes. I plan to daily my BW which has Carbon 1 and wondering about using a drive through a car wash? Just a little concerned about the front dive planes. Any advice?

· Registered
2019 CT6-V BW
88 Posts
So I’m wondering about drive through car washes. I plan to daily my BW which has Carbon 1 and wondering about using a drive through a car wash? Just a little concerned about the front dive planes. Any advice?
It's gm you will need a pain correction right off the bat then get a ceramic coating and wrap and you will be very happy. Only use touchless car washes. I have a black 2019 ct6v and still looks bran new not a mark.

· Registered
96 FWB
4,556 Posts
Wow. Lots of judgement here. I took mine to my hand car wash and they wouldn’t do it. They were afraid the front end would hit the track. I have only hand washed my car since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't get it. Why would a place that washes a car all by hand need a 'track' of any kind. And yes, I don't get out much. I guess.

If'n I had a BW I'd define ANY occasion or instance where someone other than me even touched it as a potentially seriously forever regrettable opportunity for tragedy and intense sorrow afterward.

· Registered
2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6MT
1,563 Posts
Judgement - I dunno. I look at it as advice based on experience/knowledge.
Been going to my hand car wash for years. Place has been in business since 1965. I like talking to the workers there. I spend a little time getting to know them and they take care of my car very well. And like this forum I get solid advice and pick up tips. Maybe their knowledge isn’t as judgmental.

· Registered
2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6MT
1,563 Posts
I don't get it. Why would a place that washes a car all by hand need a 'track' of any kind. And yes, I don't get out much. I guess.

If'n I had a BW I'd define ANY occasion or instance where someone other than me even touched it as a potentially seriously forever regrettable opportunity for tragedy and intense sorrow afterward.
I think you’re a tad over the top with your commentary.

I’ll take a picture of the car wash setup and post it here for you if you’d like since you don’t get out much.

· Super Moderator
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
4,465 Posts
Been going to my hand car wash for years. Place has been in business since 1965. I like talking to the workers there. I spend a little time getting to know them and they take care of my car very well. And like this forum I get solid advice and pick up tips. Maybe their knowledge isn’t as judgmental.
AS seen by the OP's post above he was looking for advice. Advice/opinion/experience is what was given. Only one poster went a bit overboard. Giving advice when asked for, and in the way most gave it is not judgmental. This was all given for free. You're car wash is giving you advice...but any advice where the person(s) have a vested monetary interest might not be the best advice. But, what counts is if YOU are satisfied with the job.

You calling others here judgmental for offering their recommendation to the OP is in itself being judgmental of the posters here.

· Registered
2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6MT
1,563 Posts
AS seen by the OP's post above he was looking for advice. Advice/opinion/experience is what was given. Only one poster went a bit overboard. Giving advice when asked for, and in the way most gave it is not judgmental. This was all given for free. You're car wash is giving you advice...but any advice where the person(s) have a vested monetary interest might not be the best advice. But, what counts is if YOU are satisfied with the job.

You calling others here judgmental for offering their recommendation to the OP is in itself being judgmental of the posters here.
As are you. Guess we’re at a stalemate.

I’ll throw this hypothetical out there - what if one had a physical condition that prevented him from washing his own BW?

· Super Moderator
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
4,465 Posts
As are you. Guess we’re at a stalemate.

I’ll throw this hypothetical out there - what if one had a physical condition that prevented him from washing his own BW?

You have to distinguish an observation from a judgmental comment.

But he didn't say he had a condition that would prevent him from doing do his own so your hypothetical is null and void.

At this point the thread is going too far and too long off topic, therefore further off topic posts will be deleted.

Folks please keep it on topic from this point on.

· Registered
96 FWB
4,556 Posts
I think you’re a tad over the top with your commentary.

I’ll take a picture of the car wash setup and post it here for you if you’d like since you don’t get out much.

Please, would appreciate it. I may learn something. After a few hundred images searching 'hand wash car wash' I got these which I default to as examples. At least in my nek o the woods:
Automotive parking light Tire Car Land vehicle Sky

Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

Further down I did spy this, but it's really nothing more than any other touchless ride-thru with a little added manual intervention and some of the sprays turned off. If this is what's referred to, then I agree the nose of most any of the newer Caddy sedans would be too low for those rails for my taste:
Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

· Registered
2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6MT
1,563 Posts
The last pic is similar to the one I go to. There's a track for the tires just like the one in this pic. There's some low-hanging gear on the front of my 5BW that would bang on their track. They don't drive the car in...it's on the track as you see above.

· Registered
none
355 Posts
You only have 5 inches of clearance on the front splitter on the CF package. I wouldn't put it anywhere near a car wash. In fact in my driving around I am discovering that the splitter is unfortunately a sacrificial device. Just normal driving scrapes it in many places and many ways. We definitely needed a front end lift option like the Corvette.

· Registered
2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6MT
1,563 Posts
Please, would appreciate it. I may learn something. After a few hundred images searching 'hand wash car wash' I got these which I default to as examples. At least in my nek o the woods:
View attachment 625327

View attachment 625328

Further down I did spy this, but it's really nothing more than any other touchless ride-thru with a little added manual intervention and some of the sprays turned off. If this is what's referred to, then I agree the nose of most any of the newer Caddy sedans would be too low for those rails for my taste:
View attachment 625329
Had my son’s Camaro detailed today and snapped this pic of the hand wash bay of the car wash for you.

· Registered
2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6MT
1,563 Posts
You only have 5 inches of clearance on the front splitter on the CF package. I wouldn't put it anywhere near a car wash. In fact in my driving around I am discovering that the splitter is unfortunately a sacrificial device. Just normal driving scrapes it in many places and many ways. We definitely needed a front end lift option like the Corvette.
Yeah, I know. I really need to pay attention so I don’t scrape my carbon fiber front splitter.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts