Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an 05 V and the previous owner blacked out the grill and emblems is it possible to remove the black paint without harming the original paint underneath? The front bumper is also in rough shape anybody have an estimate of what getting it replaced/fixed would cost?
Grille Hood Mesh Automotive lighting Bumper
Automotive parking light Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

· Registered
3 Posts
I recently purchased an 05 V and the previous owner blacked out the grill and emblems is it possible to remove the black paint without harming the original paint underneath? The front bumper is also in rough shape anybody have an estimate of what getting it replaced/fixed would cost?
View attachment 612262 View attachment 612263
You could try mineral spirits, it won't hurt the original paint..

· Registered
2009 CTS4 DI AWD
61 Posts
Could also try citristrip gel . I did mine an didnt damage base coat i just didnt leave on as long as they said to i just did a couple of minutes an wiped down with mineral spirits an it came out perfect.The bottle says half hour i did 5 min .

· Registered
96 FWB
4,583 Posts
Grille looks to be the perfect candidate for media blast and typical finish that any powdercoater would use. From just the pic the bumper seems destined to a wrap. Millions of color options for both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.