Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Black/Black 2013 CTS Sedan 3.0L RWD (98k miles)
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Okay thanks. I just was saying the only other basis I have on spark plug replacement cost was when I asked the Cadillac dealership for my CTS and that the number they gave me.

Would new spark plugs solve the stuck injector issue?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,900 Posts
Spark plugs have and will have nothing to do with repairing a stuck injector. Apples and watermelons.

For the injector(s) you could try a 20 oz,. jug of Chevron TECHRON, a powerful fuel system cleaner (once in 5,00 miles only) - and run a TopTier gasoline - that keeps injectors clean. Otherwise it's either pull the injectors (all of them) and have them cleaned or install a new set ($$$.$$).

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
738 Posts
Okay thanks. I just was saying the only other basis I have on spark plug replacement cost was when I asked the Cadillac dealership for my CTS and that the number they gave me.

Would new spark plugs solve the stuck injector issue?
No

·
Registered
Black/Black 2013 CTS Sedan 3.0L RWD (98k miles)
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If that's the case its probably nothing to do with the injectors, he's used Shell and Costco gas exclusively. Maybe we can try out the Techron and see of that helps.

My guess its something with the seals in the engine that is causing the motor oil to burn away.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts