• Black rims w/chrome lip

Votes: 14 33.3%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
109 Posts
Over the summer, there was a black Z-71 Tahoe that ran around with 24 inch black wheels. When I saw it go by, I kind of felt like they did not do much for the trucks appearance. They didn't get my attention like a chome wheel would.

·
Registered
03 Escalade, 06 SRX
6,888 Posts
I not a fan of black rims. I think chrome rims look a lot better. Do a search on in this forum. There is a few members here that posted pics of there Escalade blacked out. Its what you like, not us. Let me know if you can't find them and I will did them up for you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
ok here my opinion i have 26 inch gfg cannes in chrome on my black ext and i was gonna get them done in black i did a lil reserch and black rims look great on cars not suv's there just to big i guess 2 much mass but on any euro or import they look greeeeat!

·
Registered
Swapped CTS-V for Camaro ZL1
292 Posts
I'm not sure where you all live but as far as "going away" it seems to have become even more popular here on the west coast! Everybody has chrome wheels,dare to be different! Maybe it's a west coast thing?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Is it hard to clean black rims? It takes forever for me to clean my chrome rims. In my opinion, black rims are ok. Nothing special or anything.

·
Registered
Swapped CTS-V for Camaro ZL1
292 Posts
clickart said:
Is it hard to clean black rims? It takes forever for me to clean my chrome rims. In my opinion, black rims are ok. Nothing special or anything.
Almost as bad but a little easier than when I had chrome especially if you don't want water spots! It is easier for me to wipe down the larger wheels.

·
Registered
2002 Escalade
110 Posts
tcorbett said:
Here is my ride on 22' Black CEC's. I love it, just need to paint the grill. It is definitly a pain in the ass to keep clean though!
Personally I like the chrome look on my white Escalade. But a black Escalade with black wheels with the silver/chrome lip is HOT! It looks pissed off, like don't F*CK wit me lol :yup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
i personally like chrome but i agree with "blown black caddy" that i'm starting to see more of the black rim look out here on the west coast. that said, chrome will never go out of style -- can't say the same for black rims.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade, 2002 Deville DTS
974 Posts
When you are running the right scheme.. Black rims with the deep dish chrome rim looks good, very good in fact. I'm not sure who's Lac it was, but it was a newer body style and had the headlights with the clear corners.. That Truck was Hot man! I think chrome looks better, but that truck looked better than some of the trucks with chrome rims. Kinda depends on your scheme though, but if your truck isn't black.. Don't do black rims. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts