Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
cts-v
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear members, I would like to know what your opinions are between the silver and black color cts-v's for the 04-07's. I find black to be nice(when it's clean), classy, but it gets very dirty, very fast. Silver on the other hand is very neutral, looks clean most of the time, but is kinda blah. The chrome against the black shows up more. The chrome against the silver shows up less. Any feedback.thanks
Adamo

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
You know what they say? Once you go black, you dont go back! Black all the way!

·
Registered
07 cts-v
293 Posts
OK, I'm here on cue...

I have owned more silver cars than any other color, haven't owned anything close to red in a long time.

Colors are a very personal thing, and IMO the color also depends on the individual car. Some cars I like in a certain color, others I don't. IMO the silver and gray V's are the most subdued colors, and draw less attention. That doesn't mean they don't look good. Red gets more attention but it isn't a bright red, and black is its own thing.

My father used to own a body shop and one time I was rebuilding my car and was going to get the whole car painted. I decided I wanted black, but our painter refused because it would take too much bodywork to do justice to black. We painted it metallic gray instead.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I have owned three black cars from an 07 Escalade ESV to a 07 Black Sapphire Metallic M6 and currently a 2010 srx-4.

I went silver on the 09 V because black just requires alot of extra care and I vowed never to have 2 black cars in the garage anymore.

I do my own washing, claying, polishing, waxing/sealing. I had a 2006 300c srt8 that was silver and always liked the color.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
337 Posts
As you already said, black is bling, silver is blah. Plus, Black Raven is faster (it even gets dirty more quickly).

·
Registered
'05 Black Raven CTS-V
91 Posts
Obviously I'm gonna be biased and say black since I have one, and I bet most would agree with me that black Vs look the best when clean, but you really have to keep it clean or it will look pretty bad.

Plus with black Vs you can do this....

not the greatest pic of mine, but only one not taken with a cell phone cam, I just like the blacked out look

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
337 Posts
Sa-wheat.

How did you do the rear tail-lights, paint?

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
Def BLACK!!!

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Silver FTW!

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
baised opinion.. but with silver you can do this... contrast is key

SILVER FTWx2

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I don't see how black is that hard to keep clean. If you've got the right cleaners, it's a piece of caek.

On my black V, I always washed it by hand. Clay bar every time I wax it, which was twice a year. Do that and you can wash it by hand as many times as you want or take it through a touchless car wash. Since time was an issue for me, a touchless wash and then using Griots Garage Speed Shine to get water spots or areas the touchless didn't get quite right works.

Then use Speed Shine for little drops or spots in between washes. I'm sure Zainos or others have similar quick detail products.

I don't know, maybe it's just mental training, but keeping a black car clean doesn't take THAT much time...

·
Registered
2005 cts-v
99 Posts
Black V's are sweet and aggressive looking. I was gonna get a black one but black cars get too hot when they sit in the sun. so i went with silver. it stays a lil cooler and you can't see the dirt on it as much. not to mention you can see dents and dings on black cars from a mile away.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Black V's are sweet and aggressive looking. I was gonna get a black one but black cars get too hot when they sit in the sun. so i went with silver. it stays a lil cooler and you can't see the dirt on it as much. not to mention you can see dents and dings on black cars from a mile away.
An interior has little to do with the exterior color. with legal tint and a tan interior, I can guarantee that my interior stays a LOT cooler than this with black interior...

And if you properly take care of your V and use a few simple tricks in parking, door dings are not a problem...unless you live in the cesspool that is NYC...:bighead:

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
164 Posts

This is an endless war! Both are the best colors, really sharp black ones out there... search for or wait for LUVMY04V:drool:to chime in, fine example of a black V or Jweymar:drool:. Endless war!

·
Registered
2005 cts-v
99 Posts
An interior has little to do with the exterior color. with legal tint and a tan interior, I can guarantee that my interior stays a LOT cooler than this with black interior...

And if you properly take care of your V and use a few simple tricks in parking, door dings are not a problem...unless you live in the cesspool that is NYC...:bighead:

you don't live in Texas either. We get 100+ degree days for weeks sometimes for a couple months at a time.:yup:

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
337 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts