Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
05' Cadillac CTS
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question about this tire wet from black magic. It's been sitting around my parents house for a while now and i finally decided to give it a try and see how it turns out. I think it turned out amazing and i love it, but i have a quick ? about it. I sprayed it on the tire and any extra that got on the rims i just wiped off. my question is, do i have to go into serious detail when removing the tire wet from the rims? Will it hurt it in the long run? i wiped them pretty good, but i know there was still some left behind which i actually think made my rims shine brighter, but will it hurt it? thanks in advance for any input/suggestions. :thumbsup:
Kevin

·
Registered
2001 STS
1,575 Posts
I no longer use the spray on stuff.
Even after wiping your rims there will still be some that has run down between the rim and tire.
And guess where that goes once you start driving.
It all sprays up onto your rockers.

It took me bout half a bottle of the spray to figure out why my rockers always had black splatter on them right after Id detailed.

If anything you should spray it on an applicator to apply.

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
I love the stuff, you just have to do it right... the key is controlled spraying. By this I mean spray it on 90% of the sidewall, but leave a little space around the rim. Then I go back and blend it with an applicator.

I prefer sprays over gels because they go on thinner and when done right have an even, satin finish.

Oh, and no it won't harm your rims if some gets on them. :)

·
Registered
2001 STS
1,575 Posts
As with all, (gels, sprays), they have to be done right.
Also get an even satin finish with the gel. But dont have to be concerned about possible over spray. And all is done in one process. Use the applicator on the whole tire and its done.
Dont have to go back later and touch up because having to be carefull for this or that reason.

Have also found that the gels generally last much longer than the sprays.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts