Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have this happen and fix it? The door handles or handle (most probably the driver door handle) is peeling and looks a lil beat up. Anyone ever attempt to paint or cover with black vinyl or anything? i know its not a huge deal but i just been touching up and fixing just about every single imperfection i can find on my car before i do a full detail in and out. i want this thing lookin brand spankin new again.

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
I found some wide black electrical tape and stuck it to the handle and covered it, then took an exacto knife and trimed it exactly to the edges. Looks original and you can't tell it's tape. Been on there for 4 years.

·
Registered
Cadillac
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found some wide black electrical tape and stuck it to the handle and covered it, then took an exacto knife and trimed it exactly to the edges. Looks original and you can't tell it's tape. Been on there for 4 years.
wow nice. now thats what im talkiing about. so did u wrap just the drivers door handle or did you do all four? Only my driver door handle is peeling so i was going to only do that one and was wondering if it would match the others.

·
Registered
2014 SRX AWD Platinum Ice/2010 CTS Sedan 3.6 AWD Silver
644 Posts
I had this problem. Dealer changed it while the car was still under warranty. They screwed up originally after installing them (I had 2 that were bad) - I noticed that they were not the same colour as the other ones. After complaining they told me that they had neglected to paint them. I didn't believe them (i.e. that they were an item requiring a paint job), but after they painted them they were perfect. However, they are not quite the same as the original ones, which had a nice rubbery kind of texture. No biggie. The replacements have held up fine, no more peeling.

-GT

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
wow nice. now thats what im talkiing about. so did u wrap just the drivers door handle or did you do all four? Only my driver door handle is peeling so i was going to only do that one and was wondering if it would match the others.
I only did the drivers side, it's a little glossier than the others, but I'm the only one who notices it. The tape I used was about 3" wide.

·
Registered
CTS
7 Posts
Thank you for the info regarding this prob & dealer replacement. I just bought a used '07, still under warranty, and have been going crazy trying to find an aftermarket trim piece to cover up the peeling handles (both doors.) I will call the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 2.8 Base
1 Posts
I have the same issue. Can those pieces be taken off easily? I tried prying the driver side up a little bit to see how it is attached, but I didn't want to pry too far and ruin the handle. I'm thinking of wrapping carbon fiber tape around the handles. Suggestions???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts