Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we've been seeing some pictures of the Black Diamond SRX, has anyone besides me wondered what that color would look like on our Fleetwoods? Any thoughts and/or opinions?

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
I don't like any type of a black-metallic, either with gold nor silver metal-flakes. Chrysler was the very first to have it, way back in 1978 on their large cars. I hated it then and I hate it now.
It makes the car always look dusty. Granted, it looks good on a color chip chart or larger swatch, but on a car - to me (my opinon) it makes the car look like it needs to be dusted. Some things cannot be improved upon. Rolling Stones said it best:
"Black is Black" ~

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Sandy's right. The metallic blacks do tend to look dusty even when clean. FYI, Cadillac DID have a metallic black years ago (not sure of the year) and it was a real pretty color up close but from a distance it had a dull, dusty look. I know about the color because I painted my lawn tractor with it years ago. It would've been back in the mid 80's and the color was old then. You should've seen it, I even put Cadillac badges on the front and back and painted the wheels gold. I'll have to go look around to see if I ever took a picture of it.

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, we need pictures of that lawn mower, Kevin. :p I know, tractor.. Cadillac badges? I need to see that..

Well.. It looks good in pictures, but I can visualize what you're saying.. I still wonder what the Fleetwood Brougham would look like, though. Maybe one day I'll make a $3000.00 mistake! :p

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
My Prelude is what they call "Nighthawk Black Pearl." It has little flecks of blue in it. I hate it up close. Sandy's right. Black should be black.

Our Z3 and Volvo are REAL black. Those cars are fun to detail. After a glaze and waxing they look outstanding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts