Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just bought a 07 black cts and she get dirty pretty quick, a day after i wash it the road dust is so noticeable, what do you guys use to dust off the car of course without scratching or ruining the paint.

thanks

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
Hello and :welcome5: to the forum. I use a "California duster" for light road dust; it looks sort of like a dust mop.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
Hello and :welcome5: to the forum. I use a "California duster" for light road dust; it looks sort of like a dust mop.
Yes, I love my California Duster. Highly recommended! Also, get a few nice microfiber cloths and a can or bottle of Quick Detailer from Meguiars. After u dust, you can just go over the car with quick detailer to remove any water spots, tree sap, bird poop, or just plain old dirt. It also will bring some shine back to your wax job also.

Welcome to the forums! :highfive:

·
Registered
CTS 3.6 SOLD!Now SAAB 9-3(me), CTS Wagon(mom), STS 3.6(dad)
457 Posts
yep you should use a microfiber cloth and meguiars quick detailer, thats what i used to do when i cared to keep the car clean. go to walmart to buy the microfiber cloths, its like 12 for 4. btw welcome to the forum

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
Black cars look great for about 10 minutes after washing. In addition to the California Car Duster, try Zaino. It may not keep the dust away, but the car holds it's shine a lot longer. I've sworn off black daily drivers, but for a weekend only car, it's great.

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
The California Car Duster is the best, but it's not 100%. I've dusted my car in direct sunlight and seen very fine scratches show up after dusting it :( :( :(

But yes, black is AWESOME. My car's a garage queen though.

Here's my car with 2 coats Z5, 2 coats Z2, 3 coats Z6, 1 coat Z8.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
The California Car Duster is the best, but it's not 100%. I've dusted my car in direct sunlight and seen very fine scratches show up after dusting it :( :( :(

But yes, black is AWESOME. My car's a garage queen though.

Here's my car with 2 coats Z5, 2 coats Z2, 3 coats Z6, 1 coat Z8.
Damn Jon! I see you got your Zaino! Looks ridiculous! :highfive:

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
The only problem with Zaino is that it makes the orange peel more apparent.

·
Registered
CTS
2,557 Posts
The car duster and the wiper blade leaves scratches that I have actually seen form at the moment...... Just wash it and drive around the block a few times to dry it... Buy either the Mr. Clean Liquid(only) or the turtle wax ICE car wash.... Those dont leave water spots..... Well a little but not very many :)

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I tried the Mr. Clean system when it first came out on my CTS and returned it for a refund. It left water spots everywhere.

The best help for drying I've found is a Toro electric leaf blower. It blows the water out of all the crevices and blows most of the water off a well-polished car. I can usually dry the rest with one large cotton towel.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
Toro electric leaf blower. It blows the water out of all the crevices and blows most of the water off a well-polished car. I can usually dry the rest with one large cotton towel.
If you can afford a CTS, get yourself a leaf blower. THE BEST drying tool available. It will get rid of water under spoilers and in mirror housings that you would normally have to wait until it drips to get rid of. Just be careful with the psi. Make sure to get one that has adjustable psi.

Anthing made by 'California' is BAD...IF you care about perfect paint.

That being said, the California Water Blade is very cheap and quick at what it does. And the Car Duster is great for dash and interior surfaces.

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
I brought up the leaf blower a couple months back & people seemed to think I was just feeding everyone some B.S. It really is the best way to dry off a car. Another good way to dry a car is an air compressor & a blow gun attachment.

·
Registered
CTS
2,557 Posts
I brought up the leaf blower a couple months back & people seemed to think I was just feeding everyone some B.S. It really is the best way to dry off a car. Another good way to dry a car is an air compressor & a blow gun attachment.

Rblimas and I cant use a leaf blower for a job like this.....

·
Registered
07 Cadillac CTS, 02 Blazer X layin frame on 22's, 94 Blazer
36 Posts
I can only imagine the look on my neighbors face while he's mowing the lawn as im leaf blowing my ride off... haha... although I might try it... I usually use shaimes (sp) ... but this is my first black car that I actully care about the paint.. so we'll see...

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
Thats because unless you are 1 of 3 or 4 self-proclaimed CTS forum kings, no one will listen to you and you dont really know what you are talking about. I mentioned using a leaf blower along time ago and they thought I was crazy.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts