Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6 Black on Black
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched till my fingers have bled. I actually read the entire thread involving the navigation and will donate to the site because it was incredible.

Im looking for the all black CTS grille including the clip that attaches to the hood. What car is that off of? the CTS or CTS-V? can you order that? Ive checked ebay, car-parts, tons of other forums and pitcures. I think Vader had it on his car.....

if anyone can help, id appreciate it!! :)

Thanks everyone for the fantastic forum and wealth of knowledge.

D.J.

new caddy owner! 04 cts. black on black

·
Registered
Cadillac
164 Posts
That is just the regular grille painted black by a body shop. Also some have ordered the new sports grille for the 2007's and have painted it black. Also, one has taken the CTS-V grille and painted the mesh black. I have seen where the chrome strip on the hood has been covered in vinyl, not sure about painting the chrome and it sticking without a lot of prep on it. Hope that helps, you can do some searches to find all of the above.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
welcome MrPlow ... commend u for trying to search :thumbsup:

RobertCTS *aka bobby vader* has a stock CTS grille, however he had it painted to match his body color. He bought a stock CTS grille off ebay (as a 2nd grille) and had his painted. (stock grille off ebay will run you like 20 or 30 bucks)

There is also another option that many owners have; the "sports grille". Nick30(something something) has it on his, Jon has it on his CTS, Steve (Svb4eva) has it... that too will have body colored portions in the grille. The sports grille is like 2 or 3 hundred dollars, but i may be wrong.

If u want something that is all mesh wire, you can get a V bumper for 200 or so and have it powder coated.

The "clips" you r talking about.. will more likely than not come with the grille (if i correctly understood what you're refering to)..

let us know which one you are looking for and people will help you out more.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
:rant2: damn suprane beat me! :rant2: :rant2: :rant2:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sheesh!!! You guys are really incredible. Thanks so much for the input!! :)

Donating now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now did the sport grille come on the CTS or just the V? I cant ind any on ebay or other classifieds and if i go to the dealer, i want to be sure.

I saw a pic of the 07 CTS and on the accessories page on cadillacs website, they say you can body color it from factory.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Now did the sport grille come on the CTS or just the V? I cant ind any on ebay or other classifieds and if i go to the dealer, i want to be sure.

I saw a pic of the 07 CTS and on the accessories page on cadillacs website, they say you can body color it from factory.
This is the sports grill.

This is the V Grill.

This is the painted CTS grill

·
Registered
41,011 Posts

Contact Luke at Lindsay Cadillac (a forum supporting vendor). He will still give you a "group purchase" price on the sport grille. :thumbsup: I believe it's about $350 for the 2-piece sport grille w/o the emblem.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Now did the sport grille come on the CTS or just the V?
The V has it's own mesh grill. The Sport grill is an option for the CTS that can be ordered separately from the dealer, as is a rear wing. The CTS Sport just came out last year, and has brake mods, 18" wheels, and the V side skirts, that come with the package. IMHO, the sport grill is the best looking grill for the CTS, although I simply painted my stock grill body color. Its pricey, though, and basically a hybrid between a CTS grill and V grill, with narrower slats.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmmm - all these choices!!!! I can prolly get mine sprayed for $50 and save from buying the sports grille. hmmmmm.... but the sports grille is so delicious!!

·
Registered
03 Caddy CTS
1,028 Posts
hmmm - all these choices!!!! .... but the sports grille is so delicious!!
ya mahhn, I had the same issue deciding what i want for my white pearl but after long considerations decided to go with "sport grille". now just waiting till i balance my budget and then..>> call Luke @ Lindsay:highfive:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
dont put a hockey puck thru it :rofl:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just called a few shops around me and they have no idea when they are going to come in. The guy said he had one on order for 6 weeks now!! They charge $390 for it. I know since it is a OEM part from the dealer, its going to be more expensive but how much cheaper can i get it for not going through the dealer??

Anyone know of a place to snag one?

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
which grille are u talking about?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts