Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V 2010
219 Posts
I've been waiting to see what the black chrome grill looks like. Think I will opt for the bottom section only. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's
317 Posts
Black chrome is a totally different look than plastidip

Love black chrome

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Black chrome is a totally different look than plastidip

Love black chrome
Really? Even if it's Plasti-dip smoke? I've seen the blachrome finish in person. Too bland, it doesn't pop or look clean...

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's
317 Posts
havent seen plasti dip smoke, but I know i love black chrome

my car is silver, im not a huge fan of blacking out all the chrome its nice to see something different

I just looked at a pic of plastidip smoke- looks gray/anthracite looking to me

----------

I wanted some engine parts done in black chrome, no one would do them. THe rim services are basically a plastic coating and they will only do rims.

so I did myself. I loved it.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I like black chrome myself. But not on mesh. It doesn't show well. Too much shine, I guess. If it's got shine, it looks too close to straight chrome. It's why I went with a straight black when powdercoating my V1 steel mesh grilles. Gloss black would've been hard to decipher with the eyes...

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
945 Posts

This was the one they were showing that the Belle Island Grand Prix.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
945 Posts
I am waiting to see what the part number / Luke's price is. They told us this would be available shortly, 9 months ago.

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
Luke is a parts guy from Lindsay Cadillac (see the ad cubes on the right ... I've got an ad cube there too)

Here's my best price on the Black Chrome grille kit
$799.00 - list price
$671.16 - forum price

the discount on accessories doesn't seem like much compared to service parts because the normal markup to the list price is way less on accessories than it is for normal service parts

·
Registered
2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
696 Posts
RippyPartsDept said:
Luke is a parts guy from Lindsay Cadillac (see the ad cubes on the right ... I've got an ad cube there too)

Here's my best price on the Black Chrome grille kit
$799.00 - list price
$671.16 - forum price

the discount on accessories doesn't seem like much compared to service parts because the normal markup to the list price is way less on accessories than it is for normal service parts
Damn tempting.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts