Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2009 SRX V6 RWD, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On random occasions when I shut off the car and get out, it honks four short bursts. If I get back in the car to look at the DIC, there's nothing by the time I get in.

Does anyone know what this is?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,835 Posts
Security on/off warning ????? Owner's manual, Personalization.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,936 Posts
Has to be the setting for the security. Turn of the horn notification. I had mine set to lights only, hate the beeps.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has to be the setting for the security. Turn of the horn notification. I had mine set to lights only, hate the beeps.
It has nothing to do with the security at all. It happens when the car isn't even LOCKED.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
1,520 Posts
Only happens to me if I've left the fob inside the car and closed the door.

·
Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
2,129 Posts
are you sure another FOB isn't somewhere in the vehicle???...mine is a lower level version without this type of notification...good luck finding why yours is doing this

Bill

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
are you sure another FOB isn't somewhere in the vehicle???...mine is a lower level version without this type of notification...good luck finding why yours is doing this

Bill
Not unless it's under the seats or the hood. Nothing in the glove box, console, door pockets, or anywhere else visible.

·
Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
2,823 Posts
My car is 1 beep for alarm enabled... 2 beeps mean I left FOB in it. 4 beeps likely mean its got an issue. May be a sensor fault such as "hood left open". Manual should state what to look for and scanner likely will tell what the problem is.

Rodney

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,184 Posts
If detecting another fob should be able to start engine without one. If dash says "key not detected", there you are.
If your FOB battery is weak and on your person, you will get the same message.

·
Registered
2009 CTS AWD 3.6 DI
1 Posts
I had the same problem with my 09 CTS. It was something wrong with the wiring in the trunk. The cable that goes to the trunk lid had a frayed wire from rubbing on the bracket and the dealer fixed the wire and said it was that.

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,414 Posts
It has happened on every Cadillac keyless FOB car I have had, ATS, CT4.

I believe the car thinks the FOB is still in the car, when the door or trunk is closed.
It is intermittant.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2 Posts
Leave your fob away from the car next time then get back in and see if car starts. If it does, there’s a fob hidden inside or hidden under somewhere out of site inside.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,184 Posts
Leave your fob away from the car next time then get back in and see if car starts. If it does, there’s a fob hidden inside or hidden under somewhere out of site inside.
Good suggestion and easy enough to check ^^^.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts