Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
08 CTS DI AWD
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Looking at putting on the clear film on the CTS and see there is a straight across cut or a bikini cut that kind of follows the front curve of the hood. Anyone have any opinions on either of these and/or pictures of your cars with any brand of the clear protectant film?

Thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
91 Posts
Guys,

Looking at putting on the clear film on the CTS and see there is a straight across cut or a bikini cut that kind of follows the front curve of the hood. Anyone have any opinions on either of these and/or pictures of your cars with any brand of the clear protectant film?

Thanks,
Andrew
I have clear film on my 08 CTS and it's a straight cut. If it's done professionally, you won't be able to see the film unles you very close to it.

·
Registered
08 CTS DI AWD
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, got any pics, although if it's like what I put on my truck, I agree with you, you can't tell. How far up the hood does the stuff go?

·
Registered
cts
3 Posts
i have it on my "hot lava" color cts, and it is not noticible unless you are looking for it. my friends didnt even know i had it on the car. mine is a straight cut. it covers around a third of the hood. great idea if you drive the highway alot.

·
Registered
Cadillac
43 Posts
If you do the entire hood and have the edges wrapped, there are no lines and the full surface is protected. Not every film manufacturer makes wide enough film to do it in one swipe, however. Ventureshield used to.

·
Registered
2010 Black Raven CTS4 Premium
99 Posts
If you do the entire hood and have the edges wrapped, there are no lines and the full surface is protected. Not every film manufacturer makes wide enough film to do it in one swipe, however. Ventureshield used to.
I have my entire hood done with ventureshield - no lines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts