Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone mount a bike rack on a Seville? I am afraid of scratching by trunk-mounted racks. Any suggestions, pics, or models suggested. Thanks!

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Seville STS
192 Posts
I have a bike rack that mounts on the ROOF of the car. It is a Thule rack BUT, FINDING THE STINKING mounts for the roof are VERY VERY VERY HARD! I searched for 3 months and found a place in CANADA that had the rubber feet for the car. IT appears that Thule made the feet for the 98-2003 Seville, but there was a low interest in the product, therefore they stopped making it. My advice would be to contact Thule for a list of dealers and then start calling. That is what I did and eventually I found a shop that had a set in the back. They were dusty, but new, when I finally got them.

Once you have the rack setup for your car, it takes about 5-10 minutes to put the rack on top of the car and you can carry up to 3-4 bikes. PLUS, the whole thing LOCKS down so it is very difficult for someone to steal your bike when you run into a store for a nice drink after a hard ride!

Mike

·
Registered
2002 STS F55
2 Posts
I know this thread is quite old, but for anyone still looking at this subject - I picked up a 2-bike carrier from Dunhams for about $40. It has two straps that attach to the forward edge of the trunklid, and two more designed to attach to the bottom. Obviously, with no real "lower" edge, i extended them and was able to wrap them around inside the trunklid and attach to the cutouts under the carpet. I'm referring to the cutouts to access the mounting bolts for the license plate light bar. It's very convenient, and you can still easily open your trunk! I've done it with two bikes, and while you have to hold the lid up to gain access to the trunk with the extra weight on it, it works fantastic. The rack itself doesn't scratch the trunk lid (hasn't yet after about 2,000mi and a 800mi trip to Michigan's U.P.), and is easily removed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts