Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2014 2.0T ATS4
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a new 2014 2.0T ATS4 in December 2015. I absolutely love the look of the car. I'm into road biking and am considering putting a hitch on the back for a bike rack. i don't want to ruin the great looks of this car. Does anyone have a picture of their ATS with a bike hitch?

·
Registered
'14 ATS 4 Black Raven 3.6 Premium
1,158 Posts
do you use this bike rack on your car?
I don't personally no, but I was just wondering if it was a consideration vs a hitch type. Wasn't sure if you were against that style for some reason or hadn't given them any thought. Just an option vs putting a hitch on. I don't know anything good or bad about them unfortunately.

·
Registered
2014 2.0T ATS4
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely a consideration, I'm glad you suggested it. I'm probably going with the trunk mount instead of the hitch. Thanks!

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,433 Posts
To each his own but this does not look good. Houston we have a problem.

·
Registered
'14 ATS 4 Black Raven 3.6 Premium
1,158 Posts
To each his own but this does not look good. Houston we have a problem.
It's for hauling bikes around. It's not meant to look good. It's meant to perform a function. It's not like you drive around with bikes attached to the car daily. Quick easy uninstall in seconds when you aren't riding. Not sure what the problem would be.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD
406 Posts
I like the idea of a hidden hitch as well, since the trunk mounted setups will scuff the paint. However, I don't think there are any good options yet...

·
Registered
2014 2.0T ATS4
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went with the Thule trunk mount bike rack. I used it over the weekend and it was bombproof! I had less movement than my hitch mounted bike rack on my previous car.. It was easy to install and extremely secure and stable.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
144 Posts
I went with the Thule trunk mount bike rack. I used it over the weekend and it was bombproof! I had less movement than my hitch mounted bike rack on my previous car.. It was easy to install and extremely secure and stable.
Did it leave scuff marks?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts