Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Seville STS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a short note to thank the people on this forum for helping me to repair my 97 STS. I'm not sure of the name of the person who originally psted the thread, but it was related to engine overheating issues. I was convinced that I was going to have to have my cylinder head gaskets replaced, or purchase a rebuilt engine, because it would'nt stop overheating! I then saw the thread about cleaning out the coolant purge line on my engine, I found that mine was plugged solid. I cleaned it out really well, flushed the cooling system for good measure, and my car has run fine ever since, 2 months now! Thank You Guys Again.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,785 Posts
Glad to hear someone got off cheap. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
1997 Seville sts
81 Posts
Cool, I got a 97 sts too. I'm new to this forum, so I'm looking forward to being educated by these caddy gods... I'm just a rookie though.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
People must understand the HG issue is really way exaggerated for what it is. These engines do not experience the issue at a rate greater than any other engine. Is just that most people purchasing a "too good to be true" car get burned because the previous owner is passing the issue to a soccer and they are very vocal about it. Question yourself why would you be lucky to find such a great deal and why would the seller be so stupid to sell that great car for such a low price.
There are typical issue I see with these cars: ELC, struts, electrics (generally the cars after a certain age and mileage have bad shape suspension and that's expensive to fix) but always the engine works great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts