Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, a week ago the battery in my 2003 CTS went bad. It sat for a few days, then I went out to the car and put in the key. The key got stuck and would not come out. I put the new battery in and the key still wouldn't come out. The car would start but would not go into gear and the key was stuck! After disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, it was ok. So now, a week later, it has done it again, but I can't get it to stop doing it. The anit-theft system says it needs service, they key is stuck in the ignition, and it won't go into gear. It will start thought. Please help, any information is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
'04 3.6L Cadillac CTS
39 Posts
Do you have a second key? Does it do the same thing, with the second key? Is it a spare that you had made? If its a spare that you have made, is it a transponder key? If not, those spares only allow you access to the car. Since having to replace the battery, you might need reprogramming of the key to the car's sensors.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, only tried it with one out of two key transponders. We recently replaced the batteries in those transponders as well. Do I have to take it to the dealer to get those keys reprogrammed? Thanks for the response man, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
'04 3.6L Cadillac CTS
39 Posts
1st you have to get the key out, try the second key if it starts and allows you to get out of park with it, then proceed to cadillacfaq.com. there is a procedure for how to reprogramming your keys there. The keys are the ones u can program yourself. the keyless entry remote you can't.

www.cadillacfaq.com

go to computer/electrical then choose "how do i reprogram my key fob"

·
Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
I have been days looking for someone with a similar situation, because this car is really driving me crazy, I have the exact same problem with a 2003 CTS, what ever info you have, it would be of great help:worship: Please help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts