Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow, where to start.

The Quaife torque biasing differential enables your car to accelerate quicker and corner faster. The Quaife Differential powers both drive wheels under nearly all conditions, instead of just one. With an ordinary open differential, standard on most cars, a lot of precious power is wasted during wheelspin under acceleration. This happens because the open differential shifts power to the wheel with less grip along the path of least resistance. The Quaife, however, does just the opposite. It senses which wheel has the better grip, and biases the power to that wheel. It does this smoothly and constantly, and without ever completely removing power from the other wheel

look up the difference between a Quaife ATB (auto torque biasing) differential and a stock geared LSD.

·
Registered
Cadillac
248 Posts
Wow this sounds really interesting. I would like to hear reports on it from someone else first, but if it is as good as it sounds I'm gonna grab one.

·
Registered
07 CTS w/ performance pkg, 18" wheel pkg
132 Posts
wow, where to start.

The Quaife torque biasing differential enables your car to accelerate quicker and corner faster. The Quaife Differential powers both drive wheels under nearly all conditions, instead of just one. With an ordinary open differential, standard on most cars, a lot of precious power is wasted during wheelspin under acceleration. This happens because the open differential shifts power to the wheel with less grip along the path of least resistance. The Quaife, however, does just the opposite. It senses which wheel has the better grip, and biases the power to that wheel. It does this smoothly and constantly, and without ever completely removing power from the other wheel

look up the difference between a Quaife ATB (auto torque biasing) differential and a stock geared LSD.
Well you quoted the website which I read. But that comparison is against an open diff. I have an lsd.

Where would I go to look up the diff between the Quaife ATB and a stock lsd? Is that on the Quaife website? I'll go check.

·
Registered
2014 SRX AWD Platinum Ice/2010 CTS Sedan 3.6 AWD Silver
644 Posts
Just bought a Saturn Sky Redline. Guess what ... same f'in diff as my CTS :banghead:.

Oh well, no whine on the Sky so far. CTS has whined since it was a baby. It doesn't seem to be a big discussion point on the Sky forums, so fingers crossed.

-GT

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how much power can that Queef:)histeric:) differential take?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts