Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac STS
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ops i forgot my back pasenderside windoe open over the wekend and it was raying all weekend the back seet got soked the good news is that none of the electronics got damaged. but i want 2 get the back seat out so i could let it dry properly. your help is apreshated thena again

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac STS
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1996 seville sts i think its like a bas modle of it. not 2 shur is that all u need.

thanx so much again

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just curious - which is the "pasenderside" ?? You're asking people to take the time to provide help - perhaps taking a bit of time to check the spelling and structure of your requests would be a considerate thing to do in exchange for that time and assistance.

Steve

·
Registered
113 Posts
Normally I'd agree with the comments about spelling and grammar, but in this case, it looks like the writer is typing phoenetically, which indicates a lack of training in written language... in that case, re-reading and/or proofreading wouldn't help...

Poster -- the bottom of the back seat comes out by pushing the front of the cushion towards the back of the car and unhooking 2 hooks, each right between where the legs of a passenger would be.

The top of the back seat requires you to remove the access panel in the trunk and unbolt the seatback. Not too difficult.

Good luck.

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
SteveThefolkie said:
Just curious - which is the "pasenderside" ?? You're asking people to take the time to provide help - perhaps taking a bit of time to check the spelling and structure of your requests would be a considerate thing to do in exchange for that time and assistance.

Steve

I don't see why we all need to have perfect spelling on these boards. I mean there are a lot of people visiting these boards, that are (believe it or not) in countries where english isn't the dominant language. As long as the reader can understand what the writer is trying to say, I think it's okay.

I have heard that you have to unbolt the seat-back and take that out first before you can take out the seat-bottom. I don't know much else about that though, because I have never taken the backseat out of a caddy before.

edit: listen to tremor12, I think he's right.

·
Registered
1992 ETC
7 Posts
SteveThefolkie said:

Steve
Wow.. You're a dick..

Amazing the mena people on this forum. :helpless:

·
Registered
86 Posts
SuperSix said:
Wow.. You're a dick..

Amazing the mena people on this forum. :helpless:
You're not helping your cause any by responding that way. Let's just all look to help each other out rather than nitpick or curse at each other. That doesn't acomplish anything.:(

·
Registered
108 Posts
I understand that English is not the first language for the majority of the people living on this orb as it rotates around the sun and it was not my intent to offend.
I moderate another board which is not in any way, shape or form, associated with this one, and have found that some younger members find it "cute" to type, with deliberation and intent, in a derivative of the English language (which appears to be of their own creation) which leaves the messages almost impossible to comprehend.
What I presumed to be a slovenly approach to communications may well have been the individuals best attempt - in which case you have my heartfelt apology. If that was not the case and the presentation of the message was either through a lack of care or a deliberate attempt at being "cute" then I will stand by my suggestion that, when asking of others time while resolving a problem, they deserve the respect of your time while phrasing and constructing the question.
We've all had the location of the keys on our keyboards appear to randomize as we type, and I make no claims to my spelling or presentation's perfection but I do make a concerted effort towards that end.

Regards

Dr. Steven H. Horn, BS, MS, Ph.D.

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
SteveThefolkie said:
I understand that English is not the first language for the majority of the people living on this orb as it rotates around the sun and it was not my intent to offend.
I moderate another board which is not in any way, shape or form, associated with this one, and have found that some younger members find it "cute" to type, with deliberation and intent, in a derivative of the English language (which appears to be of their own creation) which leaves the messages almost impossible to comprehend.
What I presumed to be a slovenly approach to communications may well have been the individuals best attempt - in which case you have my heartfelt apology. If that was not the case and the presentation of the message was either through a lack of care or a deliberate attempt at being "cute" then I will stand by my suggestion that, when asking of others time while resolving a problem, they deserve the respect of your time while phrasing and constructing the question.
We've all had the location of the keys on our keyboards appear to randomize as we type, and I make no claims to my spelling or presentation's perfection but I do make a concerted effort towards that end.

Regards

Dr. Steven H. Horn, BS, MS, Ph.D.
Well said :highfive: :2thumbs: :thumbsup:
We can at least make an attempt at communicating in a civil, intelligent manner. It may take a couple more minutes to compose a post.

Justin Fremin, BS, MA, MBA (No sarcasm intended. Just indicating that I appreciate intelligent discourse as well)

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
what started as a thread on removing the rear seat turned into a spelling bee wow... just wow...

·
Registered
166 Posts
ok.. spelling bee..,, i won my 8th grade spelling bee in the year 1966 by spelling correctly the longest word at the time in the english language.
it contains 45 letters.
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. :)

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
I said I wouldn't nitpick anymore but sometimes I can't help myself!

There's a technique for removing the seat involving holding your tongue just right and pushing down on the front edge of the seat. It's hard to describe. I think it's in the owners manual. If you don't have a manual, you can download one from the sticky on this forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Come on Guys! OH PA-LEEZE! Teach English in the English class..this is a freakin' bulletin board for car guys for Christ's sakes! Just read the "IM" language and answer the question instead of running off the poor person trying to get some help here..GEESE already!

Now then.. as I remember from my younger days as a Cadillac mechanic, the rear seat does push in and lift up, but it is difficult to do. You have to get in the back seat floor board, facing the rear bottom cushion, then push the cushion in with your knees to shove the seat in under the seat back. Then raise the seat up and out. The bolts holding the seat back should be at the bottom on the right and left of the cushion. Undo those and lift the seat back up and off of its hooks to remove. It takes patience so work at it and you will get it.

Hope this helps!

S. Williams...oh and .. BS,MS,PHD..yeah I got those too, in Mechanical Engineering - TEXAS A&M! Go Aggies!

·
Registered
01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!
1,815 Posts
Krashed989 said:
Can you use it in a sentence? LOL :histeric:
I can...
"pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a helluva long word.."
Not to pick at nits but I agree with SteveTheFolkie - sometimes, what appears to be poor grammer and incomprehensible spelling is a deliberate attempt to "individualize" the language - and I for one have a hard time translating the gibberish.
I also understand the fact that some visitors did not learn English as their birth language - but the fact is, people who learn English as a second language tend to have BETTER spelling and grammar skills than native speakers, because they were taught better. So I have a hard time blaming gibberish on ESL factors.
I'll admit it, I'm a dick when it comes to spelling, it seems that too many people can't tell the difference between "there" and "their", or "threw" and "through"...I blame the educational system which has, for all intents and purposes, deemphasized correct grammer and spelling in deference to 'self-image'.

·
Banned
2008 CTS
1,192 Posts
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

:bonkers: :hmm: :alchi: :cookoo: :devilheh: :bang2: :wtf: :bulging: :werd:

·
Registered
2008 SRX-V8, 1991 Eldorado
1,543 Posts
Hmmm....it has been a few days now from the original post, suppose the seat was removed in spite of all the rhetoric?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts