Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my neighbors (about a mile away) showed up in a new sport Tesla. AND, the local Ford dealer has a F150 Lightning on the the lot and a very large "charging station" on the front of the building.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Someone driving a new Ford Lightning truck went by us the other day in my Neighborhood. I didn't realize what it was until it was past and I saw the name on the side.

It was fancy.. however, with that abysmal towing range, it'll be a while before I consider something like that. Not real practical for what most people have trucks for.

·
Registered
'85 Sedan de Ville, '10 CTS-V
736 Posts
A few weeks ago it was extremely hot here in the Los Angeles area, plus gas has been at unbelievably high prices. Screw gas CO2 is a greenhouse gas.

We have 3 EV reservations left after a falling out with Tesla over a Y LR RWD 7 seat FSD that they decided to can production of:

Cybertruck 500 mi version
VinFast VF8
VinFast VF9

(We will likely get one of the three. Forget waiting for just one, the Y, only having to pick another model at fully inflated pricing including FSD).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE: The F150 lightning, per FOMOCO has to stay on the lot for 180 days before it is sold. There is already a waiting list. Word is they will sell at MSRP.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Someone driving a new Ford Lightning truck went by us the other day in my Neighborhood. I didn't realize what it was until it was past and I saw the name on the side.

It was fancy.. however, with that abysmal towing range, it'll be a while before I consider something like that. Not real practical for what most people have trucks for.
Sorry but your "most people" is not the norm here. I have to respectfully disagree. "most people" aren't an issue. Here in our boondock county, towing range isn't an issue. Get the six cows to the auction is 10 miles. Get the tractor to the Kubota dealer is 8 miles. Get the zero turn mower to the dealer is 18 miles. Get the round hay bales from the farm store to the pasture, varies 5-20 miles. Get from the ranch to the local grocery store, maybe 15 miles. Not very often you see a truck here towing a giant travel trailer or any other vehicle towing for long distance. On the upside, there are now two charging stations in town. Population 3,500.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Good luck. Wouldn't work for me or most everyone else I know. I pull a 9000 lb camper.

Did you watch Hoovie's garage try to use one? Kinda funny..

I just happen to come from a rural family farm area myself.. can't imagine anyone i know there using one but to each his/her own.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Generalities: "most people", "most everyone I know". Don't impose your generalities on everyone else. I occasionally pull 1500 pounds, no more than 60 miles. Here in our rural county my guess is the "my norm" is way different that "your norm" Yes, to each his own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts