Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings.

I've finished some preliminary look/see on the CTS regarding the fit of a nice aftermarket brake upgrade. The 'plan' and first run brackets and hardware are aimed at 13 x 1.25" rotors and some very nice Wilwood Billet Superlite Six calipers. I may well consider a smaller version of 12.2'" for those cars with 16" wheels too.

My name is Todd Cook, I'm the owner of TCE Performance Products in Tempe, Arizona. I've been 'doing brakes' for the past ten plus years as a side business to my race prep work here. I've now turned my attention to a very broad expansion of the brake kit line which has included the SHO, Impala SS, Eclipse and Focus to name a few.

I'm aware (to a point) that next years 'special ediiton CTS' will have some very nice brakes on it from the factory. However, there will be those with the current car who simply can't see their way to doing the upgrade due to costs. Here's where I hope to help. My kits target the price range of $1000-1500 depending upon calipers and rotor options.

At this time I'm looking for some general feedback on this proposal. I hope to make it back to Bondurant in the coming week and do some on car fit checks and maybe take some pics. I'm the former shop manager there from the early 90s so I can sometimes get a few perks in the shop~! lol

When the hose fit is finalized I'd like to solicit an owner to be the first to finalize the bolt on and give some real world input and feedback. There will of course be given a cost adjustment to those who help out on such things.

Please post or email your thougts on this, I'm looking to gauge interest in this project.

www.tceperformanceproducts.com

Thanks!
Todd
TCE

Sorry, spelling not my high point...and no, there is no CTS page done yet, but info on perhaps the Impala will point you in the right direction!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,805 Posts
Re:

Todd TCE said:
Greetings.

I've finished some preliminary look/see on the CTS regarding the fit of a nice aftermarket brake upgrade. The 'plan' and first run brackets and hardware are aimed at 13 x 1.25" rotors and some very nice Wilwood Billet Superlite Six calipers. I may well consider a smaller version of 12.2'" for those cars with 16" wheels too.

My name is Todd Cook, I'm the owner of TCE Performance Products in Tempe, Arizona. I've been 'doing brakes' for the past ten plus years as a side business to my race prep work here. I've now turned my attention to a very broad expansion of the brake kit line which has included the SHO, Impala SS, Eclipse and Focus to name a few.

I'm aware (to a point) that next years 'special ediiton CTS' will have some very nice brakes on it from the factory. However, there will be those with the current car who simply can't see their way to doing the upgrade due to costs. Here's where I hope to help. My kits target the price range of $1000-1500 depending upon calipers and rotor options.

At this time I'm looking for some general feedback on this proposal. I hope to make it back to Bondurant in the coming week and do some on car fit checks and maybe take some pics. I'm the former shop manager there from the early 90s so I can sometimes get a few perks in the shop~! lol

When the hose fit is finalized I'd like to solicit an owner to be the first to finalize the bolt on and give some real world input and feedback. There will of course be given a cost adjustment to those who help out on such things.

Please post or email your thougts on this, I'm looking to gauge interest in this project.

www.tceperformancproducts.com

Thanks!
Todd
TCE

Todd
thanks for signing up to be a supporting vendor though much appricated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,753 Posts
Re:

Hey welcome to this board, i think you posted it on *********.com.....anyway i have the baer big brake kit and if you would like we can do some comparison testing!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re:

Happy to know that at least someone is buying such items for the car despite the brand...lol.

Get a local owner in your area to hook up with me and I'll let you guys duke it out! Fixed vs floating, etc. Cost to value relations etc. and good looks on the car have me ahead already! At least it's been that way for years on other cars.

Anyhow, thanks for the input!
:bouncy: :bouncy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No visit but;

I need to finish the hoses for this and it's a done deal.

I'll put this on the table for you: Build it up as you want it (drill, slot, plate whatever) and I'll take 30% off the total price on it.

All you do is install, bed the pads, and give me your feedback.

Come to AZ and I'll make it 20% and do the install for free....pesky sales tax applies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,753 Posts
Re: No visit but;

nah im pretty fine with it as is....and i wanna save money up for a supercharger or an engine swap....but if you really need someone to test it out i can help you test it, but im not in the market for another big brake option.....someone else should step up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Re: No visit but;

Todd TCE said:
I need to finish the hoses for this and it's a done deal.

I'll put this on the table for you: Build it up as you want it (drill, slot, plate whatever) and I'll take 30% off the total price on it.

All you do is install, bed the pads, and give me your feedback.

Come to AZ and I'll make it 20% and do the install for free....pesky sales tax applies.
Let my orginal factory brakes wear out 1st and then then I may take you up on the big brakes. I'd drive from Southern Cal, so if you can make it worthwhile, I'll make the trip. :cool:

I'll leave it up to you to build it up for my 17 inch wheels.

Also, I thinking about putting disk brakes on my 73 super bug, any advice with that? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: No visit but;

Please email me if you are interested in more details on all of this.
[email protected]

Let me know when you are in the area. And I'm assuming you are speaking of stock 17s? Aftermarket ones make for easier options and fit however.

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
ATS AWD Luxury Turbo
Joined
·
150 Posts
Todd TCE said:
Greetings.

I've finished some preliminary look/see on the CTS regarding the fit of a nice aftermarket brake upgrade. The 'plan' and first run brackets and hardware are aimed at 13 x 1.25" rotors and some very nice Wilwood Billet Superlite Six calipers. I may well consider a smaller version of 12.2'" for those cars with 16" wheels too.

My name is Todd Cook, I'm the owner of TCE Performance Products in Tempe, Arizona. I've been 'doing brakes' for the past ten plus years as a side business to my race prep work here. I've now turned my attention to a very broad expansion of the brake kit line which has included the SHO, Impala SS, Eclipse and Focus to name a few.

I'm aware (to a point) that next years 'special ediiton CTS' will have some very nice brakes on it from the factory. However, there will be those with the current car who simply can't see their way to doing the upgrade due to costs. Here's where I hope to help. My kits target the price range of $1000-1500 depending upon calipers and rotor options.

At this time I'm looking for some general feedback on this proposal. I hope to make it back to Bondurant in the coming week and do some on car fit checks and maybe take some pics. I'm the former shop manager there from the early 90s so I can sometimes get a few perks in the shop~! lol

When the hose fit is finalized I'd like to solicit an owner to be the first to finalize the bolt on and give some real world input and feedback. There will of course be given a cost adjustment to those who help out on such things.

Please post or email your thougts on this, I'm looking to gauge interest in this project.

www.tceperformanceproducts.com

Thanks!
Todd
TCE

Sorry, spelling not my high point...and no, there is no CTS page done yet, but info on perhaps the Impala will point you in the right direction!

I'm in Tempe, and as much as I like aftermarket goodies, I think the brakes on my car are up to the task.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
catbert said:
I'm in Tempe, and as much as I like aftermarket goodies, I think the brakes on my car are up to the task.
Well, ok. Thanks for sharing that.

Some folks are after improved performance, better or different looks and options for cusomizing their car. I never said there was 'anything wrong' with the stock parts, only that I was/am working on an alternative.

If you'd like to get together for some test fit of brackets and such I'd be happy to have you stop by.
 

·
Registered
ATS AWD Luxury Turbo
Joined
·
150 Posts
Todd TCE said:
Well, ok. Thanks for sharing that.

Some folks are after improved performance, better or different looks and options for cusomizing their car. I never said there was 'anything wrong' with the stock parts, only that I was/am working on an alternative.

If you'd like to get together for some test fit of brackets and such I'd be happy to have you stop by.

Like your website so far. Sounds like you are into lot'sof stuff - a good thing. If you need a measuring mule, let me know. I'd be glad to help with that.

If you have replacement brake pads that aren't as dirty as the Caddy units LET ME KNOW.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
catbert said:
Like your website so far. Sounds like you are into lot'sof stuff - a good thing. If you need a measuring mule, let me know. I'd be glad to help with that.

If you have replacement brake pads that aren't as dirty as the Caddy units LET ME KNOW.
The pads I use for street kits are very rotor and dust friendly. I've been told a number of times that they are the best pad they've found yet for the street. High praise indeed, but I cannot take credit for them. They are Raybestos Quiet Stops and are the 'base' pad on all kits unless alternates are asked for.

I've got a busy couple of weeks ahead and need to finish work on the new Mazda, Maruauder rear and SRT4 kits also. The caddy one has taken a bit of a back seat right now but is in no means dead.

I migth try to hook up with you late this month if you have time. That'd be great.
 

·
Registered
ATS AWD Luxury Turbo
Joined
·
150 Posts
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
Ebc says theyll have their greenstuff out for the cts in about a month also

There's hope! :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just thought I'd post that finally, after nearly a year....I have actually sold one of these kits for the CTS!

Not that I could not have prior, just that there was no interest....

The car will be heading to SEMA from what I'm told. There's hope for this project yet!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The rotor comes in at about 15-16lbs with the alum hat.

Caliper is a 6 pot FIXED, not a two pot FLOATER.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,683 Posts
Todd TCE said:
The rotor comes in at about 15-16lbs with the alum hat.

Caliper is a 6 pot FIXED, not a two pot FLOATER.
i currently have a 19" aftermarket wheel and a tons of space for aftermarket big brake kit. Do you have anything bigger in rotor size?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kits 'could' be pushed to 14" with some changes: New rotors, differrent calipers and bracket changes. Based on former type of work est. the cost upchage at about $575. Lot of money for an inch.

With respect too the forums, maybe if this shows some promise I'll jump back in as a proper supporting vendor. At the least I'll make a donation to the cause.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top