Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
soljah said:
Has anyone installed bigger brakes to their Escalade and noticed a significant difference in stopping power?
Never even rode in an escalade but out of sheer common sense bigger is better with breaks. If you get a nice set of slotted/drilled rotors you will get much better stopping power. For a dress up thing you can paint your calipers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Were you thinking about spending $3,000 or $4,000 for the BREMBO or BAER kit?

If you were, Brembo just came out with a new kit with 15" rotors and 8 piston calipers. It is probably the best brake kit right now for the Escalade. www.brembo.com

You would have to buy new rims also because the stock rims don't have the caliper clearence needed to clear the brakes with a 15" rotor.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jonas said:
Were you thinking about spending $3,000 or $4,000 for the BREMBO or BAER kit?

If you were, Brembo just came out with a new kit with 15" rotors and 8 piston calipers. It is probably the best brake kit right now for the Escalade. www.brembo.com

You would have to buy new rims also because the stock rims don't have the caliper clearence needed to clear the brakes with a 15" rotor.
If I do get a brake kit, it'll probably be the Baer Eradispeed kit. A whole lot cheaper & I think it should give adequate stopping power. I have 24" wheels so the clearance wouldn't even be an issue. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts