Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wanted to shout out a general "Thanks" to those that informed me that the rear back-up light bezel on my 03' could be replaced under warranty. I just had it done last week and it looks great. The dealership that did the work had the part in stock, and only took about an hour to do.
There are only two things left on my wish list and that's 2005 polished 17" wheels, and to add a chrome tip to the exhaust pipe.

Happy new year!

Attachments

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
aeromass said:
Hi all,

Just wanted to shout out a general "Thanks" to those that informed me that the rear back-up light bezel on my 03' could be replaced under warranty. I just had it done last week and it looks great. The dealership that did the work had the part in stock, and only took about an hour to do.
There are only two things left on my wish list and that's 2005 polished 17" wheels, and to add a chrome tip to the exhaust pipe.

Happy new year!
Happy New Year to you too!:yup:
Congrats on the rear bezel. Single tip. like for a 3.2? Keep in mind the 3.6 and 3.2 are different diameters.

·
Registered
2006 SRX V8
123 Posts
aeromass said:
Hi all,

Happy new year!
How does it match? I had mine replaced on my '03 Garnet Red and the color variation was noticeable. I had the dealer reinstall the smoked lens (only foggy 25% of the time). I'm thinking they may have ordered the wrong year red possibly?

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior
998 Posts
dbknight said:
How does it match? I had mine replaced on my '03 Garnet Red and the color variation was noticeable. I had the dealer reinstall the smoked lens (only foggy 25% of the time). I'm thinking they may have ordered the wrong year red possibly?
they may have ordered you the infrared (like SDmarine's) its a much brighter red. the garnet is more of a burgandy. if thats the case, they can just get you the right color next time. i did notice that the 03's had a deeper red than the 04's.

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior
998 Posts
backspin26 said:
what is the story on the warranty replacement??? Sorry, but I haven't heard about this yet.
if you have an older rear bezel then you just go back to your dealer and tellem that it retains water or has condensation- then they will have to fix it for you by giving you a newer color matched bezel.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dbknight said:
To my surprise, I have a perfect match. My car was garaged by the previous owner, and it only had 23k when I purchased it. I assume because the car spent most of its' time out of the sun, there is minimal fade?

It is possible that they ordered the wrong shade of red for your car, I'd check on that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the info on this! I spoke with a dealer today and they are ordering the part and should have it later this week. I actually tried to go to the dealer here in town, but Massey acts as though they are doing you a favor by answering the phone, but the dealer in Merrit Island was extremely helpful.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks to this forum I now too have a new replaced Bezel. They had to order it but I only had to wait two days before it's arrival.

Man, what a big difference. :eek: Love the way it looks.

No questions asked, they just ordered and replaced it under warranty.

Thanks guys!

Dannyo

·
Registered
'03 CTS
116 Posts
Ditto on the bezel replacement at my dealer. No questions asked. Took about a week to get the part and it matches perfectly. This was a '03 CTS I bought this past summer used w/16k miles.

As an unrelated side note. I had nicely raised a concern about excessive tirewear and noise with my Goodyear RSA's (at 20k miles). Next oil change I was pleasantly suprised with a brand new set of Michelin MXM4's. Replaced under warranty! What a difference. Thank you Greg Bell Chevrolet/Cadillac!!:bouncy:

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
dbknight said:
When I got my '03 Cashmere CTS about 7 months ago, I noticed the condensation in the lens and mentioned it when I was in for my first oil change. They replaced mine with the painted bezel but like yours, the color didnt match. I basically sat there and said, "well as long as you keep me in a loaner, you can take all the time you need to figure out what to do about it, but I'm not taking it home like that." They ended up sending it over to the body shop and repainting it themselves to make it match.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
DDS rollin a CTS said:
When I got my '03 Cashmere CTS about 7 months ago, I noticed the condensation in the lens and mentioned it when I was in for my first oil change. They replaced mine with the painted bezel but like yours, the color didnt match. I basically sat there and said, "well as long as you keep me in a loaner, you can take all the time you need to figure out what to do about it, but I'm not taking it home like that." They ended up sending it over to the body shop and repainting it themselves to make it match.
Geez Doc, another reason you shoulda bought a black CTS. Matching black is not a tough task. So what's your loaner?

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Smokin' 04 CTS said:
if you have an older rear bezel then you just go back to your dealer and tellem that it retains water or has condensation- then they will have to fix it for you by giving you a newer color matched bezel.
I'm kinda stuck with my bezel overlay and like the louvered look, otherwise I would have replaced mine also....

·
Registered
2013 3.6 Performance Luxury
1,038 Posts
pjohnesq said:
I'm kinda stuck with my bezel overlay and like the louvered look, otherwise I would have replaced mine also....
The previous owner added the louvered rear valence to mine (among other things) and I like it!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ditto on the thanks. Went into the dealer right after I bought my car armed with only the comment "Cadillac's been having alot of problems with these rear bezels leaking" and bam driving away an hour later with a new bezel and a new Cadillac keychain.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
2004CTS said:
The previous owner added the louvered rear valence to mine (among other things) and I like it!
I like the looks of the louvers too. But I think you give up some candle power from your back up lights.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 Performance Luxury
1,038 Posts
RobertCTS said:
I like the looks of the louvers too. But I think you give up some candle power from your back up lights.
It could filter the light and result in slightly less illlumination, but I'm not concerned about that. The cosmetics are worth the trade-off to me.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
2004CTS said:
It could filter the light and result in slightly less illlumination, but I'm not concerned about that. The cosmetics are worth the trade-off to me.
I should talk. I installed the new bezel but thought the backup lights had to much bling so I misted them with Nite-Shades thus reducing my candle power.:D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts