Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is not good. My EXT has been stolen twice (within 8 months) at the Nordstrom Parking lot in SFV. Both times recovered and stripped. The last time was 3 weeks ago and the damage was a little worse than the first time with about $30K in damage. It is at the dealer now being put back together. Of course I had 24" TIS wheels, Baer Big Brakes, Lowered, Billet Grill, etc.. (picture attached) A perfect target. I had a Python alarm installed after it got stolen the first time and it was suppose to electronically shut the car down if it was violated in any way. No such luck. If they want it, they are going to get it.

I was hoping that they would total it, but because this is a 2006 EXT with only 8000 miles on it, I was not going to reach the 75% damage required by insurance to total.

My wife things I am crazy for holding on to it. She thinks that it is even more crazy that I am putting 26" wheels on this go around. Maybe I am crazy! I might try to sell it but I figure that if I can't get my money out of the Escalade that I might as well enjoy it (until it gets stolen again!)

Attachments

·
Registered
02 ESCALADE
1,529 Posts
Like any other luxury vehicle, you just have to keep an eye on the vehicle. Besides the expensive payments, thats the only disadvantage of owning expensive vehicles. Malls, airports, movie theaters, or any other parking lots where you leave the sight of your vehicle for a certain length of time, you take that risk of having your valuables stolen or vandalized. The only way I see of limiting the problem is either getting a stronger security system, not driving your modded vehicle to parking lots where you take that risk, or parking valet. I will always park valet if its available because I wouldn't minimize my lifestyle around these low life thiefs.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
That really sucks. I dont think your crazy for sticking with it, I would do the same.

Like Syn said, you gotta keep on eye on it at all times almost. I never park mine in any covered parking structure.

Also, where is this Nordstrom's at exactly?

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That really sucks. I dont think your crazy for sticking with it, I would do the same.

Like Syn said, you gotta keep on eye on it at all times almost. I never park mine in any covered parking structure.

Also, where is this Nordstrom's at exactly?
Nordstrom is at the Topanga Mall in Woodland Hills.

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here is my post of the same thing,http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/107665-i-just-got-my-2nd-escalade.html
by chance is your ext at rydell cadillac getting fixed?cuz mine is there for the same reason and i have a interesting story(not who stole it or anything) for you if it was yours there.
Not mine. Mine is up in Thousand Oaks. Going on 6 weeks now. Feel free to share the story? Sorry that you are also a member of the 2 X club!

·
Registered
03 ESCALADE EXT,03 HUMMER H2
226 Posts
when my lade was to be towed to the dealership,i was called to go there too.well,i get there and look for the ext.i see 1 so i walk up to it and the service guy says yup its mine.as i look at it i tell the guy,thats great but this is a 06 ext.mine is a 03.they look the same but the tow yard brought the wrong stolen blk ext to the dealership.it had baer aluma sport upgraded brakes on it.whaat kind of crap is that?no one checked the vin#?

Americanmuscle:it was insured with a sppringfield xd,they almost got that too,but it was hidden too well.

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
stories like this are the only reason i'm glad my V looks like every other entry level caddy unless you know what you're looking for

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when my lade was to be towed to the dealership,i was called to go there too.well,i get there and look for the ext.i see 1 so i walk up to it and the service guy says yup its mine.as i look at it i tell the guy,thats great but this is a 06 ext.mine is a 03.they look the same but the tow yard brought the wrong stolen blk ext to the dealership.it had baer aluma sport upgraded brakes on it.whaat kind of crap is that?no one checked the vin#?

Americanmuscle:it was insured with a sppringfield xd,they almost got that too,but it was hidden too well.

Well that is interesting. I'll bet that was my EXT and they towed it to the wrong dealer. Was it missing the front grill and lights?

·
Registered
226 Posts
yup,it sure was missing that.the tow truck driver towed it off the flatbed onto the rotors n the guys at the dealership had to stop them n put something under it not to damage it but i will tell you the rear shocks where broken due to that.i saw the shocks n a guy at the dealership told me he heard a noise n new it broke the expensive shocks.

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yup,it sure was missing that.the tow truck driver towed it off the flatbed onto the rotors n the guys at the dealership had to stop them n put something under it not to damage it but i will tell you the rear shocks where broken due to that.i saw the shocks n a guy at the dealership told me he heard a noise n new it broke the expensive shocks.
Yep - that was mine. They had to replace shocks, mounts, rotors, etc.. This damage clearly came from the towing. I was unaware that they towed it to the wrong dealer. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
226 Posts
may 20th burington coat factory at the fallbrook mall...down the street pretty much.where city did the cops recover it from?

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
may 20th burington coat factory at the fallbrook mall...down the street pretty much.where city did the cops recover it from?
Recovered in the Los Angeles area. Did you have custom wheels or any aftermarket goodies on it? What did they remove from your Escalade? Probably the same punks!

·
Registered
226 Posts
mine was found in inglewood.yes i had 24's on it blue tint on the headlight and custom grill.it was taken to a place called B&H tow in hawthorne.i go down to look at how bad it was.it wasnt bad at all.just the wheels where gone some crappy ass wheels were put on it to ditch the car i guess.the rear slats(bed covers)rear glass and midgate and tailgate were gone.other than that it was just as clean as the day it was taken.but by the time it was taken to the insurance's holding yard then to my dealer.it had been gone through i dunno how many times.missing more stuff and it was hella dirty on the inside all ransacked.i was so pissed that i didnt get all my gear out when i first saw it,but who thought it would be raped somemore????

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mine was found in inglewood.yes i had 24's on it blue tint on the headlight and custom grill.it was taken to a place called B&H tow in hawthorne.i go down to look at how bad it was.it wasnt bad at all.just the wheels where gone some crappy ass wheels were put on it to ditch the car i guess.the rear slats(bed covers)rear glass and midgate and tailgate were gone.other than that it was just as clean as the day it was taken.but by the time it was taken to the insurance's holding yard then to my dealer.it had been gone through i dunno how many times.missing more stuff and it was hella dirty on the inside all ransacked.i was so pissed that i didnt get all my gear out when i first saw it,but who thought it would be raped somemore????

Did insurance take care of you? Did they give you full replacement value for your wheels. etc? Mine had $25K of damage. I had everything replaced that was even touched. Like new! You can see from my picture the condition it was in when stolen. It helped to have pictures for insurance so they knew that this was not any ordinary EXT. Any pictures of your ride you can post?

·
Registered
226 Posts
oh yes,im getting it all fixed and paid for.i had lots of pics...i love my ride as well as all the guys here do.lucky my insurance rep is a great guy n gave me a heads up on everything i need to produce.made sure if i didnt have recieps to make some or id be screwed.sofar mine is at 10k in damage but new stuff is poppin up daily

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts