Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I get fuel and after paying I place my AMEX card on the cover of the compartment forward of the cup holders.

Wife goes to open the compartment to get to a USB cable and presto, no more credit card. Kinda like a magic trick. Now you see it now you don't.

I also figured a few business cards are back there as well. Now the sliding door won't stay open.

Looking at it, I have no idea how to open that up to get in there and clean it out.

Any idea other that take it to the dealer?

I am going to eventually do that if I cannot figure it out myself.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Same thing happened to my GLK350 and I did a disassemble and assemble DIY in the mbworld website. But some have tried using a double sided tape like duck tape and with the sticky part up and close the cover, when you pull it close it, the CC should come out with it.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
So I get fuel and after paying I place my AMEX card on the cover of the compartment forward of the cup holders.

Wife goes to open the compartment to get to a USB cable and presto, no more credit card. Kinda like a magic trick. Now you see it now you don't.

I also figured a few business cards are back there as well. Now the sliding door won't stay open.

Looking at it, I have no idea how to open that up to get in there and clean it out.

Any idea other that take it to the dealer?

I am going to eventually do that if I cannot figure it out myself.
Sorry you had to have that happen......but thanks for the warning!!!

·
Registered
None
226 Posts
ESSRTEE8 said:
So I get fuel and after paying I place my AMEX card on the cover of the compartment forward of the cup holders. Wife goes to open the compartment to get to a USB cable and presto, no more credit card. Kinda like a magic trick. Now you see it now you don't. I also figured a few business cards are back there as well. Now the sliding door won't stay open. Looking at it, I have no idea how to open that up to get in there and clean it out. Any idea other that take it to the dealer? I am going to eventually do that if I cannot figure it out myself.
Same thing happened to me today I put my credit card one top of the cover and started to drive I had to make a hard stop and poof bye bye credit card. And the funny thing is that I was in the phone trying to activate that same card irony !!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Amex will over night you a new one free of charge. Not worth the hassle. Wait until you have a few dollars in change in there to do that.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Platinum, 2015 Range Rover Autobiography
42 Posts
The side on the console has a removable piece by your leg, I believe they can remove just this piece and get the cards
I lost Cardinals tickets this way last week. I pulled over and popped out the panel on the passenger side that runs along side the cup holders (by your legs) and I got them out in under 2 minutes. I didn't even open the front compartment, just stopped and they slid right under.

·
Registered
2015 i Escalade luxury Wht Diamond tricoat w/ Kona Brown
108 Posts
Just this morning i lost a $50 bill and my credit card. Going to try to figure out the compartment opening to retrive them

----------

i just called the dealership and they said it is a fast "fix" but they should do it. Not really a fix.. but a retrival...

·
Registered
2015 Escalade - Black/Kona
55 Posts
Wow, I was literally just going to post this and here you go. Lost a $6k check but fortunately, it was from my GF so an easy replacement :)
Here's a re-enactment:

IMG_0725.JPG

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cadillac has to step up and issue a TSB for this mess.

Really???? No one saw this one coming?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts