Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here's the latest. Get a call from Hector, the service rep at Massey. Says they want us to come down to the dealership to "discuss something", says they're telling him in the shop that my electrical problem "could be" the power cord to my sub amp. I call my stereo guy again and ask him to talk directly to the shop tech. He does...........then we arrive. They take us to the car and with several shop techs, the service manager and the service tech standing there they ask my permission to disconnect the power cord to the amp. They think this has caused all the electrical problems and even the transmission failure. After laughing at them I say, "disconnect anything you want, I know it's not the problem and I think you do too". They say that the '05 is very new and they just don't have a clue without an error code to follow. Says they've been on the phone with Cadillac all day trying to figure this thing out. I tell them to do whatever they want, just fix the car, permanently this time please. I'll keep you posted...........

JET

·
Registered
05 3.6 CTS MT
404 Posts
the only way an aftermarket amp can cause a problem is if:
a. the amp was installed incorrectly
b. the amp was installed incorrectly
c. no cap was used and is constantly pushed to full power putting a strain on the alternator.
d.the power wire is pinched and grounding out somewhere.
e. the amp was installed incorrectly.

hope that helps :p

·
Registered
543 Posts
J.E.T. said:
Well here's the latest. Get a call from Hector, the service rep at Massey. Says they want us to come down to the dealership to "discuss something", says they're telling him in the shop that my electrical problem "could be" the power cord to my sub amp. I call my stereo guy again and ask him to talk directly to the shop tech. He does...........then we arrive. They take us to the car and with several shop techs, the service manager and the service tech standing there they ask my permission to disconnect the power cord to the amp. They think this has caused all the electrical problems and even the transmission failure. After laughing at them I say, "disconnect anything you want, I know it's not the problem and I think you do too". They say that the '05 is very new and they just don't have a clue without an error code to follow. Says they've been on the phone with Cadillac all day trying to figure this thing out. I tell them to do whatever they want, just fix the car, permanently this time please. I'll keep you posted...........

JET
I wanted to do mods to my CTS but feared this same response from the dealers when the problems started.

My only mod is a V grill, everything else is just too fragile to change.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS, 2008 Cadillac CTS
733 Posts
I thought I should add this here also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.E.T.

I know you guys are tired of hearing my bitches but when my wife went out to start the 'ol CTS today..........would not start, again. Called the Massey OBT dealership to talk with Hector in service. We're really becoming good friends, he couldn't believe it either but said he would call for the tow truck, etc. I dunno guys, can it get any worse?

JET

:lildevil: Yeah, you're right, we are tired of it. :want: 275 posts and not one good thing to say!!! Okay, I'm just kidding, you have the right to post your concerns. :yup:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
like it was mentioned before, i have no problem tolerating the negative feedback or comments about the car i am driving. it gives me things to be aware of, or problems that i may occur down the road. it's always nice to be slightly prepared for things that can happen. personally, i appreciate all the feedback...if not forum members, who else are you going to confide in??? the dealer?!?!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks TO, if anyone doesn't want to read the posts.........by all means don't, be an idiot and pray to God your entry level Cadillac doesn't puke out on you. To those of you that like to be informed and possibly "armed" for your own dealership experience down the road, I'll keep you posted. Newton, thanks for the reply. My stereo guy has been at it over 15 years and installs all the aftermarket stuff for his local Caddy dealer. You should see his Escalade, he takes it to audio shows to exhibit all the toys he sells. Has something like 10,000 watts of power and so many subs, etc. there's hardly anywhere to sit in it. I think he knows what he's doing. Besides, the first thing I did when I got it back three days ago was take it up to him for a lookover and letter confirming everything was working properly.

JET

·
Registered
176 Posts
J.E.T. said:

JET
There is something seriously wrong with these rear ends/trannys and I'm getting tired og saying it too!
Please let Cadillac know there is a problem everyone!!

·
Registered
CTS
531 Posts
TCSisOFF said:
There is something seriously wrong with these rear ends/trannys and I'm getting tired og saying it too!
Please let Cadillac know there is a problem everyone!!
I would love too but I don't have a problem so how can I complain!?!? My mother has one with 10K, mine has 4500 on it they neither have problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts