Cadillac Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
D148L0 said:
You too? this is funny. I don't think I know more than 5 people who have watched it, and in one day I find 2... :bouncy:
Heh, that's the Internet for you; I saw Dark City in the theater and thought it was great. Heh, the Internet is fantastic; until I came here I didn't know how many people owned the Brougham either. :yup:

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
4,425 Posts
Star Wars. All of them. Period.

I also enjoyed Stargate, Alien (the original), the Star-Trek movies...Wrath of Khan was great...

Hell, I like just about any sci-fi movie that makes sense...Would Armageddon be considered sci-fi?

Speaking of Bruce Willis, what was that one movie that he and Sam Jackson were in together? Un-breakable or something? That was better than many super hero movies out there...Really realistic.

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
illumina said:
Star Wars. All of them. Period.

I also enjoyed Stargate, Alien (the original), the Star-Trek movies...Wrath of Khan was great...

Hell, I like just about any sci-fi movie that makes sense...Would Armageddon be considered sci-fi?

Speaking of Bruce Willis, what was that one movie that he and Sam Jackson were in together? Un-breakable or something? That was better than many super hero movies out there...Really realistic.
Yes, 'Unbreakable'
'Armageddon' counts! Though it falls equally in the genre of comedy! :canttalk:

·
Registered
1993 Fleetwood Brougham, 2007 Escalade EXT
128 Posts
Best Sci-Fi movie I'll give a tie:

2001 A Space Oddesy. For a movie approaching 40 years old, it still has an appeal that makes it timeless.

Contact. Not as good as the book, but still a thought-provoking flick.

Worst: easy choice.

Barbarella. A truly stupid film. Any one really fear "matmoss"

-Patrick

·
Registered
'87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)
3,703 Posts
Contact was kind of boring, it took to long to get to the end where she finally goes through that machine.

Sphere was an excellent movie. I loved how they had different "chapters" in the movie, it was a little different, than what you usually see. I thought that was kind of neat, as far as film making goes.

"Open the pod bay doors HAL, open the pod bay doors!"...."I cannot do that Dave"....Best Movie EVER!

2010 was alright too. Not as good as 2001 I thought, but Roy Schneider was great in it.

·
Registered
1997 Deville D'Elgance
461 Posts
John Carpenters' 'The Thing' Kurt Rusell (PointDexter :D )
Original Matrix
Big Star Trek and Star wars fan (but not a JaJa Binks fan :drinker )

Worst ever - like it was said anything on the Space channel after midnight

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Here's my new favorite and I'm wondering if it's available in the U.S. Called "Decoys." It's similar to Natasha's "Species" and my cousin's friend worked on the set during filming. He said the girls would ask "is it time to take our clothes off yet?" LOL!

Check it out if you can, very good for a Canuck movie! I guarentee! :yup: The ending will shock you! This cover pic of her is freaky, yet I'm attracted to her as well! That's what she wants. :hmm:

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
Ralph said:
Here's my new favorite and I'm wondering if it's available in the U.S. Called "Decoys." It's similar to Natasha's "Species" and my cousin's friend worked on the set during filming. He said the girls would ask "is it time to take our clothes off yet?" LOL!

Check it out if you can, very good for a Canuck movie! I guarentee! :yup: The ending will shock you!
around here if it is crom Canada it is called Canadian Bacon. thats about it. there are people, swear to God, that dont know Canada exists. swear it. i was talking to a guy at the hospital the other day and we were talking about something and Canada popped up and he goes "Canada, the hell?" swear it. i about died when he said that. i was like, you know that hunk of useless land (just kidding Ralph, had to throw that in there) above us that borders that state Alaska? yeah that is Canada. he goes oh, i thought that was just part of the US like a state or something. :nono: .

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
D148L0 said:
Dark city also comes to mind. Not widely known, but excellent... One cookie to those who have seen it.
I owned it last month for a few days and didn't like it at all! Then traded it for the remake of "The Punnisher." Now THERE's a good movie! Kiefer is cool (Dark City) but what a slow moving movie. Nothing special at all imo.

You can keep the cookie. :D

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
around here if it is crom Canada it is called Canadian Bacon. thats about it. there are people, swear to God, that dont know Canada exists. swear it. i was talking to a guy at the hospital the other day and we were talking about something and Canada popped up and he goes "Canada, the hell?" swear it. i about died when he said that. i was like, you know that hunk of useless land (just kidding Ralph, had to throw that in there) above us that borders that state Alaska? yeah that is Canada. he goes oh, i thought that was just part of the US like a state or something. :nono: .
OMG!! LOL! We're only the second largest country in the world!!! I guess if the U.S. didn't get our oil they'd notice or learn about us fast, but then it would be all negative!. :canttalk:

Seriously, I'll have to ship you my copy of "Punch." You'll have the only copy there! Email me your address and info!

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Ralph said:
I owned it last month for a few days and didn't like it at all! Then traded it for the remake of "The Punnisher." Now THERE's a good movie! Kiefer is cool (Dark City) but what a slow moving movie. Nothing special at all imo.

You can keep the cookie. :D
You kill me man!

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Ralph said:
Haha! :sneaky:

Another terrific sci-fi would have to be "Dawn of the Dead" with Sarah Polley and Ving Rhames. I had to buy it on DVD. Hollywood better watch out, we're making some daym good movies lately. The idea of a fast-running zombie is scary as hell!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001631/

She was awsome in "Go."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139239/
If I remember correctly my friend, you once said that "I robot" was a good movie. If that is correct, then you have no right to voice another opinion when it comes to Sci-Fi... I ban you!!! :eyebrow: :bouncy:

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
D148L0 said:
If I remember correctly my friend, you once said that "I robot" was a good movie. If that is correct, then you have no right to voice another opinion when it comes to Sci-Fi... I ban you!!! :eyebrow: :bouncy:
You're just upset because I hated "Dark City', your favorite movie. :shhh: ;)

I recall saying that about I Robot, it was allright.

Did you eat my cookie?! :madtalkin

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Ralph said:
You're just upset because I hated "Dark City', your favorite movie. :shhh: ;)

I recall saying that about I Robot, it was allright.

Did you eat my cookie?! :madtalkin
Not my favorite (blade runners is The One), but among the top 15....

And no cookie for you!!! ;)

·
Registered
'87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)
3,703 Posts
What about Lawnmower Man II: Jobes War. I thought it was alright, but not great. It was on the other day, so I thought I'd watch it.

Not really a Sci Fi movie, but Jacobs Ladder was f**kin' AWESOME! Scared the crap out of me the first time I saw it. I haven't seen it in years, but I still vividly remember the scene where the subway car goes by, with all those souls trapped inside, staring out with these blank, somewhat twisted, and totally deranged faces. Kind of hard to describe, but it was really freaky, especially when watching it in a pitch black basement with the sounds cranked way up...hehe. :suspense: ..... :eek:

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
danbuc said:
What about Lawnmower Man II: Jobes War. I thought it was alright, but not great. It was on the other day, so I thought I'd watch it.

Not really a Sci Fi movie, but Jacobs Ladder was f**kin' AWESOME! Scared the crap out of me the first time I saw it. I haven't seen it in years, but I still vividly remember the scene where the subway car goes by, with all those souls trapped inside, staring out with these blank, somewhat twisted, and totally deranged faces. Kind of hard to describe, but it was really freaky, especially when watching it in a pitch black basement with the sounds cranked way up...hehe. :suspense: ..... :eek:
I always like dimming the halogen to practically nothing to watch movies, just more dramatic that way. I've seen most of Jacobs ladder but I don't think I liked it. I would probably appreciate it now if I saw it.

Would "Underworld" count? I thought it was pretty good for a Vampire/werewolf movie and Kate Beckinshire has become quite popular. :drinker

61 - 80 of 86 Posts