Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
What was that movie with the duck from outerspace?

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
kmhebert said:
Howard the Duck, I was a big fan of that one. Lea Thompson was great in it! Even though she got with a duck of course.
Eww! Beastiality! That's disgusting!!!! :bonkers:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Good ones?

Dark City, 2001, Aliens, Blade Runner, Pitch Black, Solaris, Terminater, Day the Earth Stood Still, THX 1138..

Bad ones.. heh almost any movie on the sci-fi channel lately.. hated Howard the Duck but Leah Thompson was hot. Disliked that 70s Buck Rogers too. Waaay too many to list..

·
Registered
'87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)
3,703 Posts
Dark City was awesome. Very few people I know, have seen the movie. Same goes for Gattaca, which was pretty good too. That had Ethan Hawk, and Uma Therman in it. Blade runner was great. They have the model of the pyramid shaped office building at the Musuem of Moving Pictures in Queens I think, or maybe it was brooklyn.....don't remember. They had a video playing next to the model, showing how they filmed the scene, where the camera pans all the way up the side, until it gets to the big window, where that guy's office is. Pretty cool.

What about Mystery Science Theater 3000 The Movie? That was funny. I used to watch the show all the time...hehe. :D

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
You too? this is funny. I don't think I know more than 5 people who have watched it, and in one day I find 2... :bouncy:

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Alien and Aliens were great I agree. Aliens 3 just plain sucked though. Alien Resurection could have been a little better I think, but I still liked it because you get to see more of the aliens than in the other movies.

Speaking about Aliens and what not, how many peopl here saw Alien vs. Predator. WHen I went to see it, I thought it was going to suck, but it actually wasn't all that bad. The special effect make up for the predator was crazy, and the CGI Aliens were better than in any of the previous Alien movies. The plot behind the story could have been told a little better I think, but overall, not too bad.

I heard somebody mention Starship Troopers before.......f**kin' horrible. On the other hand, it was half as bad as Starship Troppers 2, which was just stupid.

The original War of the Worlds is one of my all time favorites. That, and Earth vs. The Flying Saucers. That movie was cool. That's where the creators of Mars Attacks got the idea for their spaceships I think.

Oh, I almost forgot.......what about Meteor Man...hehe. Anybody seen that movie? :D

·
Registered
96 FWB
194 Posts
CharBroiled said:
Good ones?

. . . THX 1138..
Haha, I know how old you must be . . .

Then how 'bout 'Zardoz'?

Also, I would say 'Clockwork Orange', but that one's turned out more real than science fiction. :hide:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Blade Runner fan here. "Wake up, time to die."
Worst sci-fi is Plan 9. "Look, the Chief is dead.""And somebody's responsible."

·
Registered
118 Posts
FTSS said:
Haha, I know how old you must be . . .

Then how 'bout 'Zardoz'?

Also, I would say 'Clockwork Orange', but that one's turned out more real than science fiction. :hide:
Yeah Zardoz was cool too. I forgot about that. Yup, old I am :)

Gattaca was good too, another one I forgot.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
I was watching 1984 last night, I forgot how good that movie was, since i hadn't seen it in a long time. I was wondering how many people have seen the movie Network. That was a damn good movie, not really sci fi, but damn good anyway.

Dr. Stranglove: or How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb, was a good movie too. Slim Pickin's was crazy riding that bomb...hehe. :cowboy:

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Are you reffering to the second film? If so, no I have not seen it. I've got the first one on DVD, but I haven't gotten around to getting the others just yet. I'll have to find that, and watch it. An Aliens 5 would be sweet.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The added footage in the directors cut of Aliens is very good. It has more background on what happened and has a couple real cool action scenes that were cut from the theatrical version. Loved the auto sentinals.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts