Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Platinum
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a huge collection of iTunes movies that I have for my kids. Would like to figure out how to use an apple device to plug into the Av ports. Suggestions? I have an iPhone 6+, new iPod and an iPad air.

·
Registered
2016 Platinum
266 Posts
There's 2 ways to do this. 1st is get an appleTV for your truck with the HDMI to composite adaptor. Use the trucks WIFI as your network to AirPlay from your IPhone to your ATV. You're just using the trucks network to connect the 2 devices not to stream. This will run you about $100. The 2nd way is to get the lightning to HDMI and the HDMI a to composite adapters. This will run you about $70.

----------

Do you use a Mac or PC? I remember sharing a few of my iTunes videos with a friend using a thumb drive. That may also work. Not sure if cue would play them in that format.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
Re: Best way to watch an iTunes purcahsed movie

I would also be interested in the answer.

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts

There's 2 ways to do this. 1st is get an appleTV for your truck with the HDMI to composite adaptor. Use the trucks WIFI as your network to AirPlay from your IPhone to your ATV. You're just using the trucks network to connect the 2 devices not to stream. This will run you about $100. The 2nd way is to get the lightning to HDMI and the HDMI a to composite adapters. This will run you about $70.

----------

Do you use a Mac or PC? I remember sharing a few of my iTunes videos with a friend using a thumb drive. That may also work. Not sure if cue would play them in that format.

This sounds like a great idea - I presume since no "Data" is being used, it should be wifi alone. Where did you get the power for the AppleTV? I don't want to lose my AC plug since it seems to get used a ton. Thoughts???

·
Registered
None
2 Posts

Hello, if you also want to play iTunes purchased videos on other devices, you could use a tool to help you convert iTunes videos to common formats so that you can play it smoothly. I had ever used a software called DRmare iTunes Video Converter to help me and I could play them on other devices. Hope it will meet your needs.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,458 Posts

This thread has been dead for over 4 years, and the original posters have not logged in since. Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply. Always check the dates on posts to see if the thread has died.

Welcome to CF !!! Please update your profile to show necessary info in your username banner. It sure helps the forum members to see at a glance what they are diagnosing or working on. Thanks.

EDIT: If you want to see if a member is still active, click the username, open the profile, click the About Me tab.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts