Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I hope this doesn't get deleted, not sure of the exact forum rules. Anyhow, I've had my V for over 4 years now and its time to move on to a V2. I'm looking a fellow forum members 2010 manual V. In order to get it, I need to sell mine first.

I plan on listing it on craigslist, cars.com, autotrader and the forums. Is it worth it to put it up on ebay? Anything else I should do to gain exposure?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,216 Posts
I've heard people having the best luck on craigslist - honestly that's what i plan to do with mine :/

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V, 2010 CTS-V 6MT (Sold), 2007 CTS-V (Sold)
1,409 Posts
Say it isn't so! But I'll be doing it for a 2010 or 2011 sometime late next year....LOL.

I've found and bought almost every one of my cars on autotrader.com.... by far the best place for cars. Craigslist would be my #2 followed by ebay.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,199 Posts
Goin' the hoity-toity route, are you? j/k ... I'm sure you'll love the V2.

The others are a no-brainer, but eBay would be scary without a reserve price you could live with. Then, if it didn't sell, not sure what the cost would be and whether the exposure would be worth eBay's auction fee.

Whatever you do, make sure that your car is so friggin' clean and perfect, that the first guy to come see/drive it absolutely won't be able to walk away from it without making you an offer or it'll haunt the ever-livin' crap out of him for the rest of his life. Works every time I've done it with cars I've sold. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 Raven Black CTS-V
135 Posts
I use craigs and autotrader the most, by far. You can post an ebay classified ad now too as well (not auctioned). Just an idea...

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts
Yeah what others have said...with the V2 prices dropping like crazy it makes me think a little harder with future mods.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't regret modding mine. Its a blast to drive. It's just time to move on.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk
785 Posts
In my car searching it seems like most cars on autotrader are bone stock. I don't think that you will have great luck on autotrader because your car is quite far from stock. I think that craigslist and the forums are your best bet for finding a buyer that can appreciate and accept what you have done to the car.

I'm not sure how much you drive it, but putting a "For sale" sign in the window might get you a lot of attention. All it takes is the right person seeing you drive by to make a sale.

Glad to hear that you are still going to be in the V community even if you are leaving the lowly V1 crowd :hide:

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS-V Light Platinum
237 Posts
As someone who just sold my V, I can say this:

Craigslist - lots and lots of nibblers, very few takers. That said, since my car was still pretty cherry with a fantastic Luxury CPO warranty for 1.5 more years, I was looking for a premium price. Most nibblers were either dreamers or hardcore lowballers ("Will you take 12K cash, today?")
Cars.com - much more serious buyers, and from all over the country.
Autotrader - second to Cars.com. Buyers were just as serious but a lot fewer.
I posted here too but don't think I got any serious buying traffic from it. However, serious buyers who were looking for a V usually already knew the forum and found it comforting to see it listed here as well.

I actually ended up selling to someone out-of-state which, when I first decided to sell her, I never even envisioned. In the end, a dozen serious almost buyers were all out of state (I'm in FL) and only 1 was relatively local. That really surprised me.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not sure how much you drive it, but putting a "For sale" sign in the window might get you a lot of attention. All it takes is the right person seeing you drive by to make a sale.
I had thought about that. With the amount to questions and looks I get, I may be able to find an impulse buyer.

I may have to bite the bullet and put the FS sign on.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Anyway, I have my Town Car on autotrader and craigslist. Seems like it has pretty good coverage...

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk
785 Posts
thebigjimsho don't you live over in the V2 forum these days anyway? What are you replacing the Town Car with?

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
thebigjimsho don't you live over in the V2 forum these days anyway? What are you replacing the Town Car with?
Just another Town Car.

As for where I reside in these forums, I'm an Equal Opportunity spammer...

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great, Jim has turned my thread into a spam thread. :tsucks:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts