Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please let me know what is the best and most $$$ way to achieve this. Now I am getting 14.2 mpg in AWD 07' escalade. I drive like my grandma also, which she even told me to speed up. Thanks inadvance for your opinion.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I get 11 in the city with the a/c on, I get near 20 on the highway crusin at 70, I have exhaust, air intake and computer tuning. Are you getting 14 in the city? If so that is great, if your getting 14 on the highway something is wrong, if it's 14 combined that is normal.

·
Registered
Cadillac
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I get 11 in the city with the a/c on, I get near 20 on the highway crusin at 70, I have exhaust, air intake and computer tuning. Are you getting 14 in the city? If so that is great, if your getting 14 on the highway something is wrong, if it's 14 combined that is normal.
It's a combination. But I would say that easily 70% is highway.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
Keep the windows rolled up and use the AC. Mythbusters proved this. Accelerate slowly, plan ahead and brake gradually. Drive below the speed limit. Keep the digital display on "Instaneous MPG" and see what makes it drop like a rock and then do something different.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT
160 Posts
Only drive down hill with a tail wind and coast. You might get to 22 MPG but doubtfull.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT
670 Posts
Please let me know what is the best and most $$$ way to achieve this. Now I am getting 14.2 mpg in AWD 07' escalade. I drive like my grandma also, which she even told me to speed up. Thanks inadvance for your opinion.
14.2 is very good in my opinion.
It's a 3 ton truck with 403 Horses and amazing it gets 14 MPG city.
My 07 gets better mileage than my 04 did.
It can't be expected to get much more than that unless on the highway All the time.
I have a K&N air filter and Predator performance tune installed and drive very reasonably most of the time.
In the city,.. barely touch the gas and it's doing 50 mph if I'm not careful and watching the Speedo. Pretty much just idle around town.
I drive mostly city and some short 20-25 miles on the highway now and then.
I get a constant 13.5-14 city and 19 on the highway at 80 mph keeping up with traffic. :worship:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts