Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my F1 Supercars EMT's are pretty much dead. I need to buy a new set of tires and I really don't want to spend 2000.00 for a set of 4 tires again concidering that this is going to be my 4th set. Nikon tells me that he loves his BF Goodwrench KDW 2's but I would love some other opions on here for those tires and if anyone has something that they like more please let me know. I was looking at the price for the regular F1 supercars and it wasn't as nearly as scarry as the EMT's but I am really nervous but the tread life. All help will be greatly apprecated as there is a rematch this Saturday between me and Nikon and I dont want traction to be an issue. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
09' V
404 Posts
Kdw2 feel floaty to me. soft sidewall... good straight line grip though.

these were my top two choices:stiff sidewall for the twisties, good grip on straights. Compareable to F1s.
1. michelin PS2
2.falken azenis rt615(these are what i have....$160 a piece)

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Kdw2 feel floaty to me. soft sidewall... good straight line grip though.

these were my top two choices:stiff sidewall for the twisties, good grip on straights. Compareable to F1s.
1. michelin PS2
2.falken azenis rt615(these are what i have....$160 a piece)
Can't disagree with that...

·
Registered
BANK OWNED!! CTSV & EXT
1,689 Posts
My KDW2s are doing well so far. You can get them at Costco for less than $900. If you don't have a membership, now is the time to get one. Anywhere else I've checked would be right around $1000 w/ road hazard. Plus you get lifetime rotate, balance and flat repair at costco.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I need to visit Costco soon. I was there about 5 years ago, and I was not impressed with their brands of tires.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
I'm real close to new tires and almost decided on Mich Pilot Sport A/S, and may still get them (I want an all season tire for my daily driver). But then I got a flyer/mag from TireRack and they mentioned these new model GoodYear F1 A/S tires they started selling this month.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+All+Season&partnum=445YR8F1ASXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=4

High speed rated, Long treadwear rating (UTQG: 420 AA A) and Less than 200.00 a tire. Hmmm

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump...

·
Registered
'04 Raven CTS-V
415 Posts
Check out the Falken FK452s if you want a little more tread life than the falken azenis rt615s. So far they have been a great tire (good wet and dry grip, low noise, good sidewall, similar feel to GSD3s). Heard Dunlop SportMaxx's were good too. Not sure of your driving style though, so its up to you. PS2s are supposed to be worth the $$ too.

T

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
After 3-4 sets of the F1s I switched to RT-615s. So far so good. Tread life is better then before and they were much cheaper. If you can afford it or don't have a spare get the Pilots. (I think they are run flats.)

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Check out the Falken FK452s if you want a little more tread life than the falken azenis rt615s. So far they have been a great tire (good wet and dry grip, low noise, good sidewall, similar feel to GSD3s). Heard Dunlop SportMaxx's were good too. Not sure of your driving style though, so its up to you. PS2s are supposed to be worth the $$ too.

T
Thanks for the info Heavypedal. I have calmed down some in my driving " I'm not racing everything on the road anymore.. lol" but I still drive very hard at times. What type of tread wear are you getting with the FK452's and how does it compare to the RT615's?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After 3-4 sets of the F1s I switched to RT-615s. So far so good. Tread life is better then before and they were much cheaper. If you can afford it or don't have a spare get the Pilots. (I think they are run flats.)
What size are you running with the RT615's? I was thinking about going 255 all around but when i was looking at the website the 255-40-18's didn't have the reinforced sidewalls. But they have them with the 245's.

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
255 40 18

·
Registered
Cadillac
97 Posts
Bridgestone RE01R's for dry traction. I Have Pilot Sport A/S on mine right now and they are very good for an all season, to give you an ideal I have pulled 1.27 g's on them at AX's.

Chris

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.
1,576 Posts
Thanks for the info Heavypedal. I have calmed down some in my driving " I'm not racing everything on the road anymore.. lol" but I still drive very hard at times. What type of tread wear are you getting with the FK452's and how does it compare to the RT615's?
Whats up brother? I would recommend the 452's. I was runnin' 451's that day at Moroso. 452's are the replacement. I tried the 615's last set and they were great but wore faster than the 452. They are supercheap from edge racing http://www.edgeracing.com/tires/2454518/ . Plus, they are in Miami so you can save shipping costs if you pick them up. I am running stock size 245/45/18 all around. Registration for Homestead is coming real soon. The track dates are 9/1 and 9/2. Come on down. Homestead is a much nicer track than Moroso. Four long straights, smooth fast turns, garages and everything. Racing fuel on site. The track is calling.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Whats up brother? I would recommend the 452's. I was runnin' 451's that day at Moroso. 452's are the replacement. I tried the 615's last set and they were great but wore faster than the 452. They are supercheap from edge racing http://www.edgeracing.com/tires/2454518/ . Plus, they are in Miami so you can save shipping costs if you pick them up. I am running stock size 245/45/18 all around. Registration for Homestead is coming real soon. The track dates are 9/1 and 9/2. Come on down. Homestead is a much nicer track than Moroso. Four long straights, smooth fast turns, garages and everything. Racing fuel on site. The track is calling.
Thanks V-Love I will see you there this year...:thumbsup: Come up to West Palm one week and will hit Moroso but this time just the drag strip not the track...:)

·
Registered
CTS-V
342 Posts
I had the KDW's on my SRT-4 and HATED them. Very soft sidewall and sucked in the rain.

I will also be going with the Falken FK-452's when my Potenza RE040's wear out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts