Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Escalade black w/ navi
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have an 04 escalade and right now i am using that ice spray to shine it, it works good but im just wondering whats the best product to use if i want the car to really have a nice deep shine? trhe car color is black.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I don't know if you've already heard this but shine is all in the prep work. Wash your car properly, clay it, compound any bad imperfections, polish it over, then finish it with a final coat of wax. Shine is light's reflection off of your paint. The smoother you can make your paint the shinier it will be...hence the finer polishes you can use to make the surface as smooth and even as possible.

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
hornyjuan said:
I don't know if you've already heard this but shine is all in the prep work. Wash your car properly, clay it, compound any bad imperfections, polish it over, then finish it with a final coat of wax. Shine is light's reflection off of your paint. The smoother you can make your paint the shinier it will be...hence the finer polishes you can use to make the surface as smooth and even as possible.
This might sound like a stupid reply, but I am very interested in getting my Escalade to look good as well. I wash my car all the time and am located in Florida, so it really doesn't get dirty too much. I usually wash it like 3 or 4 times a week. I have White Diamond and I love when it is clean. I also have 22" wheels which look amazing when cleaned properly. I basically wet my car first, then use car soap and water on a sponge and hand wash the entire car. I will occasionally rinse of the soap from the car too keep the car wet and prevent drying with the soap on the car. I also will use the car soap and water on a separate sponge to clean the wheels. I will then rinse the entire car off with water and go and use Mother's chrome cleaner on the wheels and then re-rinse those again. I will hand dry the car using towels and then dry my wheels. Using Mother's chrome wheel polish, I will polish my wheels and then remove that using a towel. Is there anything else I can do to really make my car sparkle? Any suggestions at all would be very helpful. I like my Escalade to look its best at all times.

Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Try Menzerna FMJ Paint Sealant. I tried several waxes and nothing compares to this stuff. This is actually an acryilic coating. You apply it like wax. When I use this, it put s a shiny, slippery glean over my vehicle. It suppose to last about 6 months but I have not had it on my truck that long yet to confirm this. They also sell a detailer to use between waxes that has the same acrylic formula in the spray. Stuff is great but it is expensive.

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
a186227 said:
Try Menzerna FMJ Paint Sealant. I tried several waxes and nothing compares to this stuff. This is actually an acryilic coating. You apply it like wax. When I use this, it put s a shiny, slippery glean over my vehicle. It suppose to last about 6 months but I have not had it on my truck that long yet to confirm this. They also sell a detailer to use between waxes that has the same acrylic formula in the spray. Stuff is great but it is expensive.
I will give this stuff a shot. How much does it cost per container and where can I find one?

Thanks.

·
Registered
'04 EXT
94 Posts
Meguiars #21, Optimum Poli Seal, Zaino Z5 Pro (never used,) Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection, are just a few of the synthetic waxes that should last you up to 4-6 months depending on environmental conditions. First off, ditch that sponge your using to wash the car, for the wheels its fine, but for painted surfaces, a 100% genuine sheepkin mitt is your safest bet. Check out www.autogeek.com or www.detailcity.com for whole car detailing kits for under $200-$300 that will allow you to keep your car professionaly detailed for years to come.

Also, any car care enthusiast should read all the how to articles on www.autopia.org. Tons of information, for free, in an easy to read layout. You can actually download their E-book for free I believe.

-Shaun

1 - 9 of 9 Posts