Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was the best thing you ever heard anyone say aobut your Caddy? And who said it?

I have two.

Everyone always says, "God damn thats a big sun roof."

My favorite though my Bro's ex said. "Jay, I like your car, it the Cadillac Etcetera."

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
hmmm, all the various comments form people when they ask what kind of car I have, and I tell them my car, "DAMN! you drive a Caddy!?" "how did you afford that?" then there is the "that's an old mans car"

And I havn't even drove it out of my driveway yet......

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
There's been a lot of comments over the years, mostly good. Guys at shows usually go nuts, guys at the track are usually STUNNED, and a few guys have offered to buy it.
The ones I really like are the comments like "That's the most gorgeous(or hottest) Cadillac I've ever seen".
But my favorite was from a guy in Canada that wrote me a long letter telling me how he was soon to celebrate his 60th birthday and that he was a successful guy that just never TOTALLY splurged on a car for himself. From the list of cars he said he had owned over his life, I found that hard to believe since most were very nice cars. But anyway, the guy was writing me to ask to buy my car because he wanted to finally buy himself that one great car before he was too old to enjoy it. Talk about the ultimate compliment.
While I was genuinely touched, I had to inform him that it was NOT FOR SALE. He pressed me and I finally told him that he would never want to pay what I would want since the car meant so much to me, and that the car is not worth that much more than a standard '95 Fleetwood. Unfortunately, his next statement was not what I was prepared to hear. He simply said, "name your price". I DID think about it for a day or so but finally told him that I just couldn't sell it. I'm sure I'll live to regret that but for now...........

·
Registered
397 Posts
Bah. All I get is "Damn young punk! What the hell are you doing driving a Cadillac?" or "Get your own vehicle!" - my response is "I already have!"

lol ppl need to try giving a little respect to teenagers. Ya need to give respect to get it.

·
Registered
857 Posts
2dfx said:
Bah. All I get is "Damn young punk! What the hell are you doing driving a Cadillac?" or "Get your own vehicle!" - my response is "I already have!"

lol ppl need to try giving a little respect to teenagers. Ya need to give respect to get it.
Some people just get jealous...don't sweat it! :p

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
i get that too from "older" people about being young and driving a cadillac, i get it from people my age too though. I think my best was my friend in hes 94 probe GT saying, "man i didnt think you would beat me"

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Ive gotten comments anything from......

What year is that?? A 2000?

You shouldnt be driving a brand new mercedes benz (or fill in BMW or lexus).....

DAAANG, that is so cool........

What are you doing driving a big boat like that

Infiniti, Ive never heard of that

And one day, I drove the fleetwood to school, and this is the reaction I got....

OH MY GOD!!! That is so perfect..... The gold wreaths around the door locks, mirrors in the back, at least a 5 body trunk....... Cadillac wreaths in the seats...... You could have a party in the back seat!!!

Its incredible..... Absolutely perfect....

·
Registered
80 Posts
i was going to start a thread about "most common things people say about your car" and a search turned up this. :)

from men, while driving, i usually get the "far lean and hand signal", a thumbs up or mouthed "nice car".

women will look and smile, which is better than looking and looking away :)

when im parked people come up to chat, the most memorable was an older (60's?) guy who had a 50's caddy and told me it would bring years of enjoyment to my life.

another story was a woman telling about her highschool days with her dad's caddy and fitting 17 people in it one night.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I get alot of things said to me being as here in the UK they are rare.
About the ESV:
"wow, i thought it was coolio pulling up"
"thats a beautiful car, what fuel milage do you get?"
"wow, its so long. Where do you park it?"

About the Deville:
"you have a limo?!?!?"
"wow this thing floats"
"its a cadillac? where can i get one?"
"this has the coolest name"

About the Seville:
"thats a nice looking car, but i bet its slow"
"okay, it isnt slow"
"it has a V8? -wow"
"how much does it cost you to buy a V8 Cadillac?"

·
Super Moderator
22,398 Posts
I don't have a Cadillac, so here's other cars:

The Infiniti Q45:
"I like the gold clock. Its looks nice."
"Uh oh, I better put my seatbelt on."
"Your car is so much fun to toss around."
"We smoked him!"
"Riding around in this thing makes me feel like a celebrity."

The Mazda 626:
"Can I do the shifting? Please?"
"So it seems like you like nice things." (Says the person who owns a smelly minivan full of garbage and dog food.)
"Uhh, its okay I guess."

The Mazda 929:
"There's no such thing as a 929. Do you mean 626?"
"Oh wow, this drives really smooth."
"Wow, this is a really nice car. What did you say it was?"
"Why do I keep hearing wind? I'm sure I shut my door all the way."
"I'm sick of cleaning my driveway. I want you to park in the street from now on."

The Ford Explorer:
"Dude, this thing is a piece of sh!t."

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mostly I hear this comment in irritated tones, "Huh! Not everyone can afford expensive vehicles like that. Lucky girl." from folks who drive pick-up trucks which cost two or perhaps three times as much as my Catera. *shakes head in wonderment*

But I also get a few, "Kinda sporty... for Sarah." And a favorite was, "Can't believe that's yours. A Caddy is just too pretentious for you."

Ah well. ;)

The best was from my Dad, though. He says, "Just like your mother!"

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
"That thing is Badass!"

"I didn't know Caddy's could make that kind of noise..." (reffering to my Corsa exhaust)

"This thing is pimpin'..."

Just an example of what I hear everyday at school...hehe

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
2003 Cadillac Escalade

"Man I like this big thing. It can really move. And it's quiet too."

That compliment had it all: 1)big 2)fast 3)quiet. :D

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I was driving down a crowded street downtown where I live. A Deville DTS was rolling right next to me at this time. When he pulled his car next to my '91 Seville, he said "man, that thing is in mint condition." That was before the car was wrecked. She'll be back in mint condition one day...

Other things I've heard (after mods):

"That thing's a beast!" After rolling on a '96 Mustang GT.

"You don't wunt nun of dis!" After Caddy-slapping a Honda Civic by several cars to 40 mph.

"That's the quickest Seville I've ever seen." After getting my ass handed to me by a 2003 BMW M3. It was a decent race though.

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Hmm. I've gotten:

"A DIESEL Cadillac?!"

"I can't believe that thing still runs!" (from the service manager at Parker Cadillac, he hadn't seen one running like mine in over 15 years)

"Damn Ben, You got a pimpmobile!"

"Wow, you got COUCH leather seats?!"

"You even got a CB Radio in that thing? Factory Installed? What?!"

The list goes on and on:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
The best thing ever said to me about my Cadillac(s) was/were:

One night I let my buddy drive my 93 Deville out to go to the club. Well at 2am or shortly after closing, he walks outside with my cousin and another pal and low and behold there are 4 beautiful woman standing by my car asking who car is this? This is a beautiful car. (93 deville with vogues and wires,simulated convertible top, chrome blinding from all over, pinkish in color with the top,interior to match.)

When I bought my first "Lac" 93 ETC: Wow this car is fast!(from wife as I hit the I-75 freeway home from the dealer at 95mph)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
About this Discussion
39 Replies
32 Participants
Tractor Boy