Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMO!

--suffice to say it's on "***************" and easy to find - urbanski

For those that don't know, Madman is a suspension/drivetrain genious.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts
per the rules:
No linking to other forums, message boards or communities that are primarily Cadillac-related. We've worked hard to generate more traffic than any other Cadillac website on the net. If you want to persuade our hard-earned members to visit your site, contact us for a link exchange.
this is the third link i have to clean up today.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, if enough people showed interest in that product from over here you might get yourself another sponsor for this site, but I guess this website's policy shoots itself in the foot in that regard. Too bad it could deprive some members of a wonderful fix for their car. Oh well.

·
Banned
340 Posts
DansCTSV said:
I agree this is getting out of control. Just let people post the info so we can all be informed.
I third! Some people have either been given to much power or the enforcement process has reached the anal rentintive levels of an electron microsope.

This seems like a "fix" that would benifit everyone in the community. New people coming to the forum are not exactly going to realize what the "other" forum is.

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
GTP said:
New people coming to the forum are not exactly going to realize what the "other" forum is.

:yeah: I new to the V forum, but not new to the CadillacOwners forum and I'm clueless to what the "other" forum is. But then my wife says I'm clueless to a lot of stuff. :thepan:

·
Registered
855 Posts
I understand (kinda')....that if you're a vendor and advertising "stuff" for free here (not a supporting vendor).....it ought to be a problem....other than that....What rules? and Who makes the Rules???

I agree with the statements above....too much enforcement power.......etc, etc.

·
Registered
2008 BMW M3
253 Posts
I really don't get it, maybe it's cause I am new. I support, and plan to support this Caddy site ONLY; now and in the future. If you are telling me that I will only get info on fixes etc. if a sponsor supports us, I will quit this sight and find one has a more opened policy.

So far, I have gleaned so much info, is there something I am missing because of this? Do I need to start joining other sites so I can get information that we will not get here?

If the best solution is stifled because of a $$ issue, I suggest you fix it for the betterment of the entire community. I see nothing wrong with posting the opinions of a non-sponsored solution if it works. They can then decide if they want to sponsor us.

Isn't the whole point of a BB to share the free and open thoughts and ideas of it's members?

Tell me where I am wrong. :hmm:

Arr0gant

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
arr0gant said:
Isn't the whole point of a BB to share the free and open thoughts and ideas of it's members?

Tell me where I am wrong. :hmm:

Arr0gant
No, the point of some boards is for the owner/operator to make as much money as possible from both members and advertising. As it is a private enterprise they can do whatever they want.

I have asked before, without ever getting an answer, how much each member would have to donate so that this board could be commercial free. I can only conclude that by not answering this question, the owner is looking to grow this site as a business (ie. increase profits) and not just cover his costs.

·
Registered
2008 BMW M3
253 Posts
I still don't get it. Are we "allowed", as members, to talk about fixes that don't nessesarily sponsor this site?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
give me a break!
per the rules
- thats so lame! You mods are responsible for making this forum suck sometimes for the stupidest ****ing reasons. This is something that could help us all, is apparently cts-v oriented, and all you have to say is "per the rules" - take it and shove it mods - u suck! Go abuse power elsewhere - become a manager at 7-11.

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
04CTSVFLA said:
give me a break!
- thats so lame! You mods are responsible for making this forum suck sometimes for the stupidest ****ing reasons. This is something that could help us all, is apparently cts-v oriented, and all you have to say is "per the rules" - take it and shove it mods - u suck! Go abuse power elsewhere - become a manager at 7-11.
It's clear that we all have different tolerance levels for how strongly the moderators enforce the rules that we all agreed to abide by when we joined this forum. That's cool; I've been annoyed once or twice when certain things have happened.

Maybe, though, try to stay a little civil when you say your piece, guys. Try to remember that it's people you're talking to, not a computer. I have no idea if the mods get paid for what they do; if so, whatever it is, it's not enough to put up with that kind of abuse. The ones you're ragging on didn't write the rules; they agreed to enforce them when they became mods just as you agreed to follow them when you became a user.

By the way: Merry Christmas, Peace and Joy. A good day for saying all that stuff you said, I guess.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts