Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
I've experimented with just about every auto cleaning product ever made and would highly recommend two manufacturers exclusively:
Zymol products are excellent for interior cleaning, dash and trim dressing and leather cleaning and conditioning. There are no better products available anywhere for those interior applications and if you check eBay, you may find some deals or can order directly from Zymol.

Zymol also makes the finest carnuba auto wax in the world, but it is not necessary at all for the paint and clear coat application on your CTS. Wax is a "protectant" designed primarily for lacquer based finishes that lack the "flex agents" found in today's modern paint and clear coats. Therefore, you should be using a polish on your paint/clear coat rather than wax.

Zaino Brothers makes some of the finest auto polish and tire dressing products that I have personally encountered and would recommend there products for your exterior paint and clear coat protection. Wax is not really necessary as carnuba auto wax was traditionally used to protect lacquer based finishes and was used to "feed" the paint to protect the lacquer from spider webbing and/or cracking.

With the advent of synthetic paint finishes and clear coats by companies such as PPG, a high quality solvent based auto polish made by Zaino Brothers will give you a mirror like finish. Each repeated application of zaino polish actually "burns into each coat" that you build up increasing the depth and gloss of the paint finish.

When you can see your reflection in the hood of your car: you've accomplished your goal!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I like eagle one. Leave a nice shiny coat, after the drying.

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
Boston.CTS said:
i JUST ORDERED 3 OF THESE , great gifts for the mailman ,pool cleaner ,peeps like that ,,
http://www.zymol.com/vintage2.htm

are they outta there freeking minds $1500 dollars for wax ,,,
:cookoo: :thepan: :banghead: :bonkers: :hitstick:
That $1500 wax is I believe a "lifetime" supply, but it is designed to be used on "lacquer based paints and lacquer based clear coats". You are using a $1500 wax to feed a $25,000 to $50,000 custom paint job that you would find on a "pebble beach" concours car that is a trailer queen transported by enclosed trailer for 100 point auto shows; so it is all relative.

By contrast, our cars receive a robotic $1500 paint job at best that is enamel or acrylic based and therefore is a better candidate for solvent based petroleum distillate products such as Zaino, Maguiers, Eagle One and most of the "over the counter auto polish/wax products found in retail part stores etc etc.

If you were to apply a lacquer based custom House of Kolor Paint application for show car purposes to your vehicle; you would be crazy to use petroleum based polishes on that finish as you would burn through the clear coat and the paint finish as well.

Bottom line is that you use a $15.00 to $20.00 polish on a $1500 to $2500 factory paint job and you would use a very high end 100% pure white brazilian carnauba $1500 wax on a $15000 plus lacquer based custom paint job. It's all relative to what type of paint or finish is on your vehicle and it's application. I've seen custom paint where 2 colors alone cost in excess of $40,000 to apply; all lacquer based. This type of paint is designed specifically for that $1500 wax.

If nothing else; you really should go to the zymol web site and read the information as it is very informative and educational in explaining the differences between polishes and waxes and there uses and applications. None of this info is a zymol sales pitch either and the data is completely unbiased and very educational for your own use if nothing else when making product selections.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
My '72 Corvette was repainted using laquer paints. The paint job is 10 years old and not a spyder web or crack. I endorse Zaino products myself. I had a question about one of the products and e-mailed them. One of the Zaino sons got back with me. Seeing his Zaino signature really impressed me. Sure you can get some Turtle Wax at the department store but there really is a difference IMO.

A product line I don't like is Amorall.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Personally, I prefer Meguier's and eagle one. They're both very good over the counter car wash products, that you can get locally, and leaves the caddy with its nice clear coat polish intact.
Currently I been using an expensive car wash with caranuba wax, inside. And I totally dont like it at all.:vomit: Its really makes your car thats brand new look like the paint is five years old. Thats my opinion. Pluse it smells bad to, like bannanas. :banana:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts